The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 9, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #841 of 4,317
Sound pretty damn good don't they.? Now you guys know why this thread exists. Now you know. They don't have a wow factor, well at least for most but what they will do is give you a proper sound on the cheap.. I like to think these are great sounding actually.  I like how they sound better the more you use them. I don't know what it is. Eventually I found myself smiling form ear to ear that this sound comes from earphones the cost of Bugerking Whopper meal.. But a lot more satisfying... You guys need to try out your amps too.    

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #842 of 4,317

Quote:

For $7.11 they provide such good sound that now I am questioning my purchase of Klipsch X10 for $95 or the Triple Fi 10.
Of course the Monoprice are not as good as them, but it is about 80% of TFi, and 90% of X10s, 95% of x10s if used in a good music source with amp.
They really shine with the quality source. For $7, this is unbeatable.

Don't worry, you're not insane. I sold my TF10s because of the 8320. They really are something else.

Is there anyone else that owns these and the GR07? I'd love to hear the opinions of other owners about these 2 phones

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #844 of 4,317
See and Kiteki thinks I am crazy for saying these sound at about 92% of the EX600s..

@Kyon You notice a trend here?  The reason why these are compared to other high ends is. Not because they are just like them or have their same sound signature. I think it is because these have what I call a proper sound in a headphone.. Anything that is considered high end should have this proper sound.. highs mids and lows all in unison that is balanced and clean to listen to. Sure the higher end stuff have a bit more of what makes an earphone special, more detail, maybe more extension in the high and the lows. But you know what these are very satisfactory and come very close to this "proper sound".. In genres like electronica I tell you what, I can't tell what is better my EX600 or the mp8320.. Very close in sound.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #845 of 4,317

Quote:
Don't worry, you're not insane. I sold my TF10s because of the 8320. They really are something else.

Is there anyone else that owns these and the GR07? I'd love to hear the opinions of other owners about these 2 phones

To each there own but imo thats crazy my TF10's still kill these in every way.  I wish they sounded that good to me so I could save some cash.

Of the few IEM's that I have they sound like the poor mans version of my new ClarityOnes.  The 8320's aren't as clear as the C1's and the bass is just very clean and deep on the C1's, I think its got the best sounding bass of all my IEM's.  Now my C1's have been burning in for a good 24 hours so I'll compare them again after I give the 8320 the same treatment.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #846 of 4,317
Finally plugged them in Nutman.  First three tracks--- Dash Berlin- Never Cry Again (Amurai's Los Angeles Mix), Eminem- Soldier, Opeth- Soldier Of Fortune......Nice indeed.....Nice balance, clarity, vocals.

There is just no way I can wear these straight down though.  Over the ear it is with a nice seal and the housing sits flush in my ear.  Tried about five different tips, but stuck with the stock...

Keep up the great work Nut...Cheers!!!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #847 of 4,317
Dec 9, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #848 of 4,317

Quote:
It'll work (it was a popular mod with the Altec Lansing iM716) but it won't be very elegant. 

Eh, I have a 3.5mm plug extension cable. They aren't that expensive, maybe I can splice in a potentiometer (after figuring out how to solder the cable, headphone cables are nearly impossible for me @.@)  Any reason (besides having to use twice as many) to splice it into the ground wire rather than the left and right signal wires separately?

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #849 of 4,317

Quote:
See and Kiteki thinks I am crazy for saying these sound at about 92% of the EX600s..

@Kyon You notice a trend here?  The reason why these are compared to other high ends is. Not because they are just like them or have their same sound signature. I think it is because these have what I call a proper sound in a headphone.. Anything that is considered high end should have this proper sound.. highs mids and lows all in unison that is balanced and clean to listen to. Sure the higher end stuff have a bit more of what makes an earphone special, more detail, maybe more extension in the high and the lows. But you know what these are very satisfactory and come very close to this "proper sound".. In genres like electronica I tell you what, I can't tell what is better my EX600 or the mp8320.. Very close in sound.

Yeah I know it, and high ends have more solid in their build, dont they?:D
I wonder if this baby can fit with classical music, or need some eq to do it, oh man i'm nervous. I'm getting tired with portapro and their muddy bass.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #851 of 4,317
I bet your just burning with curiosity. I mean when have you heard guys mentioning the FXC51s with a likes of a X10, TF10 or GR07 or a EX600 being mentioned in the same sentence.? 

92% no more, no less.

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #852 of 4,317
does the cable change the sound on other IEMs? and i can also compare these 8320 with the ex600 when i receive them :)

Quote:
Pretty sure on the Ety website somewhere they say the ER-4P + their fancy cable is exactly the same as their ER-4S, what do you mean by "tuning" anyway? Do you mean the filter?

For those asking about the cable this is the one I use - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Etymotic-Headphones-ER4P-ER4S-75-Ohm-Convertor-Cable-/280732730536

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #853 of 4,317

Quote:
Finally plugged them in Nutman.  First three tracks--- Dash Berlin- Never Cry Again (Amurai's Los Angeles Mix), Eminem- Soldier, Opeth- Soldier Of Fortune......Nice indeed.....Nice balance, clarity, vocals.

There is just no way I can wear these straight down though.  Over the ear it is with a nice seal and the housing sits flush in my ear.  Tried about five different tips, but stuck with the stock...

Keep up the great work Nut...Cheers!!!  
beerchug.gif

What source/amp are you using, Heat?

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #854 of 4,317

Quote:

GR07 > Mep-933 without a doubt. And the gap is huge IMO. The monoprices sound ok though, remind me a lot of the Xears XB120Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back