The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #511 of 4,317

Quote:
Well I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "hilarious," but fair enough.

All that aside, I refuse to be discredited by anyone that:

A. Has not listened to the MP 8320

B. Cannot give a valid argument that is contrary to my point resulting from personal critical listening. 

C. Has adopted the mentality that more money equals better sound. 

Isn't it possible that one time in the universe one person accidentally created a fantastic IEM for a little more than $7 bucks? If that's hard to believe, go read a book on Quantum Mechanics and truly blow your mind. 
regular_smile%20.gif

Lol! not discrediting you. I took your post a completely different way lol.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #512 of 4,317

Quote:
Lol! not discrediting you. I took your post a completely different way lol.

I didn't know if you had or not, I wasn't assuming. That's why I said "All that aside." I just wanted anyone that thought I was a moron for the comparison to take a step back. I didn't assume that was you. 

What WAS your take on it? I'm interested! 
smile.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #513 of 4,317
By the way guys, I'm getting rid of my Westone 4 because of the Monoprice. I like the dynamic flavor, and looking at some different options. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #515 of 4,317

Quote:
My only reasoning is that maybe these drivers are from something else.. Left overs perhaps?. Anyone know the size of them IE6 drivers? I couldn't find any online.

I am leaning more toward a kicker EB141 rebrand using the same drivers as them. Which was originally reversed engineered/ copied from Sennheiser earphones more than anything.. Just a theory.

I believe the IE6s use the same size drivers as the IE7s and 8's. It's 1cm as far as I know. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #516 of 4,317

Quote:
I'm still waiting for your monoprice versus Edition 8 review thanks. :)

I'm going to have to charge up my amp tonight for a listening session this week. Stay tuned!

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #519 of 4,317
I just sold my pair to a co-worker for $30. I let him listen to them and he just offered me what he had in his wallet. I normally would have just sold them to him at cost but I'm tight on cash this month so meh. Coming from somebody who has only ever listened to the cheapest crap headphones, my coworker said these are the best headphones he's ever listened to. He pretty much bought them after about 45 seconds of sound lol.

I'll place another order sometime before xmas.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #523 of 4,317
Well I suppose you made out like all the folks that are selling their UE TF10s online after they got them for $100 on Amazon gold box deal. I wanted one but missed out oh well. Ya I know people like that too where they will just throw up cash because they like what they see/ hear. Speaking of spening, I spent so much money already on headphones this month I have to watch it cuz I haven't even started shopping for Christmas. Should be called giftmas.

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #525 of 4,317

Quote:
Whats the general consensus on the best tips for the Monoprice 8320.

I use my Monster tips I bought recently from Amazon. Great pack by the way. I know some of the guys use comply foam tips. I would just try what ever you have extra that is gonna give you the best fit and sound. Speaking of, how you liking those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back