The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 30, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #529 of 4,317
Well this is the new AT A900X phone I will just copy paste my impressions of them. I am listening to the EX600 now.
  Lookie what I got this morning!
My initial impressions. Very clean high end clarity,  I have nothing that sounds as clean as these. I am surprised at the very full balance these phones have. The bass has opened up a bit since I started playing music on them since this morning. At first I was concerned because the bass sounded reserved to me on open box .

It is all smiles so far. I can tell these have some refinements that are working well for the sound. The bass is extended and layered well.  It is more of a neutral sound with great extension on both ends. But then again playing heavier bass end tracks. These just threw a huge smile on my face!! Money well spent.!  These have not a thing in the sound signature that is lacking or recessed. Everything sound crystal clear to me. Highs, mids, bass all smooth and full with a clean glass like clarity. Much like my WS55 when a track calls for heavier bass, the bass comes out to play. When a track calls for precision and clarity. That is what you get. Oh man these are awesome guys!

Pros, 1) New pleather cushy pads
         2) Comfy
         3) Looks awesome in all black
         4) Clean clear sound, supremely balanced and smooth.
         5) Wide stage for closed but you guys would have guessed that already
         6) A high end AT sound with Bass! Oh man what can I say... Awesome!
         7) As smooth as they sound now I can see these getting better with burn in.
         8) Great value for this sound for sure! I wonder just how much more you get sound wise with these compared to their signature high ends..

Cons 1) These will probably sell for cheaper when they release them in the states
         2) Needs some serious burn in.

Will check back in about a weeks worth of burn.. I am very impressed.  Malveaux. Katun, Santa says these are the ones to get this Christmas. I will give these a hearty Dsnuts thumbs up!! Oh man the bass is opening up! Oh Yay! These are sounding better and better as I listen to them.

I am very impressed with the AT A900X but they better be for the cost. The EX600s are also very impressive.

Now I can see why the EX600s have their fans. These are proper sounding IEMs for sure. Very clean well balanced smooth but. And here is the big but. The monoprice 8320 are very similar in sound. The Sonys highs are bit better extended in the highs and has just a slight edge in clarity. .Going back n forth on sounds. Seriously. .The 8320 give these a run for sounds. They sound VERY similar.  More impressions to come.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #530 of 4,317

Quote:
The EX600 are pretty harsh and sibilant right out-of-the-box. A good 24 hours or so and most of that will be gone. Always fun to get new toys!

Ya I can see what you mean. It isn't terrible but the clarity is there..The monoprice has just a bit more bass.. This is very surprising guys.. I can honestly say the 8320 are very comparable to the sound that is coming from the EX600..The Sonys have it over the 8320 in clarity and a bit more detail but beyond that.. Wow.

I will do some more A/B testing once I get the EX600s burned in properly. They do sound lovely. Thanks to Kiteki for throwing the beach audio link for the Sonys.. saved me a lot of cash..

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #531 of 4,317
Try comparing this song with them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqtfqGNrP8

No harshness or sibilance on my EX600s, so if you hear it it's a matter of burn-in. The EX600s render his vocals with such amazing realism, I wonder how well the Monoprice can keep up.

Oops, didn't see your edit. Right then.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #532 of 4,317
If you use the MP8320 with relative cheap amps like the E6 or the Cmoy and add the bass boost. I find it brings them even closer to the EX600, it somehow also smooth out some off the treble spike that the MP8320's can exhibit on certain vocal tracks.

Nov 30, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #533 of 4,317
@Selenium. I think these monoprice will surprise you..I bet you will have never heard anything of this SQ for less than $10..No sibilance using the monoprice I will try the EX600...

Ya I can see what you mean I do detect just a bit of sibilance on these. I will burn them in..Well the resolution on the EX600 wins for sure. The vocals to Piano separation on the SONYs win so the definition is reflective of the price payed. With the monoprice it sounds like I am hearing that tune through some very nice speakers. With the EX600 it sounds like I am sitting in front row listening.

That being said. For what I listen to. Hip hop trance electronica. They sound almost identical it is crazy.

Nov 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #535 of 4,317

Quote:
I'm telling ya, the MP can seriously compete in the Trance arena!

You got that S**T RIght!
One of my all time favorites.. CRANK THIS UP!!!

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #536 of 4,317
ULTRASONE EDITION 8 versus MONOPRICE 8320

Edition 8 MSRP: $1,500 USD
Monoprice 8320 MSRP: $7.11 USD

This comparison is done using a .... everybody just hold up just a sec here! 

This is the deal:

Monoprice: Feels you're walking down a sunny sidewalk with the sun in your face just after the Winter clouds have lifted. It's refreshing and rejuvenating. 

Edition 8: Feels like you're having the best sex of your life. It's all smiles! it's magical, musical, and orgasmic. 

Raise your hands, right now, if you want a blow-by-blow review of this comparison...

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #537 of 4,317
Lol.!  Thats some good stuff. No need man. I think people will understand..I purchased the EX600 just out of my own curiosity and I am glad I did cus now I have a better understanding of where the MP 8320 sit so far as sound goes.. The value without a doubt is through the roof..I think for casual listening the MP 8320 is more than ample to do music justice especially on a small amp..For critical listening you guys have your favorites.. For $7.11.. I will tell every single person that reads this. There is none better.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #538 of 4,317
Without a doubt. And I would say that for Trance specifically, there's not a whole lot better at any price, as far as universal IEMs go. The synergy is spectacular. 

Nice track, by the way! /\ /\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back