The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Nov 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #542 of 4,317

Quote:
Are these just good for $7.11?

Or are they actually good (ie can dominate a $40 pair of Mee CC51?)?

Thats a good question. I bought one of those too. I will have it in a day or two. Seeing as the 8320s are sold out because of this thread.. I will do a comparo against those when I get them..Soundfreaq here if you read a few pages back had a realization that these are so good that he ended up sending his Westone 4 back..Might tell you something.

These aren't high end earphones but they sound like higher end ones and for elecronica EDM, hiphop these are some of the best sounding earphones for these genres..If you are a detail guy you might not like these as much but for casual music listening these are just too good not to try... These aren't liked by everyone of course but if you give them a good listen they will surprise.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #543 of 4,317

Quote:
Extending the question :p

Do these sound better than the Shure SE215 or comperables?

Anybody have one of these Shures or tried them and owns the 8320?  Not sure on these I haven't heard them. But for the cost when they get them back in stock..Get one and find out for yourself. These are crazy good for the price.. If you skim through the thread you will read many a guys with higher end Iems that love these.. I would try one you have nothing to loose.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #544 of 4,317

Quote:
Soundfreaq here if you read a few pages back had a realization that these are so good that he ended up sending his Westone 4 back..Might tell you something.

I think you misinterpreted that. These aren't by any means a replacement for his W4's but rather an indication that he likes the sound of dynamic drivers in IEM's better, he said he wanted to look for other options. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #545 of 4,317

Quote:

I think you misinterpreted that. These aren't by any means a replacement for his W4's but rather an indication that he likes the sound of dynamic drivers in IEM's better, he said he wanted to look for other options. 

I didn't misread nothing. I know what he wrote but doesn't it surprise you that it took a $7.11 Iem for him to realize this? That alone is shocking. Believe me the reason why I sent him one of my extras. Besides feeling bad cuz he didn't get one. Was so he can gauge how close these come to a higher end sound. I didn't expect him to send his Westone 4 packing. 

I know where these stand a lot more clearly now... I think this thread was indeed a good thing.. The last thing I wanted to do is introduce a dud for a earphone.. I know the term gems comes up for good budget stuff but if these aren't a gem I have no idea what it would be .

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #546 of 4,317
You're both correct. The MP8320 made me realize that I prefer the Sonic Signature of a dynamic in comparison to a balanced armature driver. But it's also true that a $7.11 IEM made me question audio value so much so, that the W4 had considerably less value to me. Like I say, there would be situations/genres where I very likely would reach for the MP over the Westone. 

Edit: But I won't be reaching for the W4 anymore, 'cause they're headed back! 
smile.gif
 That didn't happen before the MP. I would have lived in ignorance.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #548 of 4,317
Oh goodness. Not only is english fun, but typing adds a whole other dimension. And plenty of people around here are from 'round the globe and make many mistakes. These things must be overlooked. 

Edit: And from where I'm from, that type of intentional linguistic double-negative adds a tone and setting to the sentence that conveys a meaning of certainty. 

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #549 of 4,317
I wasn't questioning the value of the IEM at all, I actually recommended it to a friend for when he sends his IE8's to Senn for a repair and I myself haven't heard them. So, yes what I interpreted was correct. I wasn't misinterpreting the value of the 8320 either though, because it has to be pretty damn impressive for the price to make someone toss their W4, I honestly thought it was a joke at first though, the fact that he was sending the W4 back that is :wink: 

@SoundFreaq, I love the sound of my IE8 for most things. The dynamic drivers really hit home in Dubstep if your into that sort of thing. If your not I think their good at everything else if you can deal with veiled sounding mids once and a while. They are pretty apparent once and a while, I find the the vocals in Soundgarden and Rage Against The Machine quite pushed back. I picked up some Triple.Fi 10s and I'll have those by Friday. I like and the crispy highs good B/As make. Not saying the IE8 highs are bad at all. Just seem muddy once and a while depending on the Genre. Again, I'll bring up the Dubstep. The highs don't sparkle but they are certainly crystal clear. 

I'll have to get a pair of these 8320s though, I think I'd enjoy showing them to people who walk around with Beats Tours in their ears by the sounds of it :wink:

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #550 of 4,317
Interesting... I wonder if that's why some had such a humorous response...  that makes sense now.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #551 of 4,317

Quote:
I use my Monster tips I bought recently from Amazon. Great pack by the way. I know some of the guys use comply foam tips. I would just try what ever you have extra that is gonna give you the best fit and sound. Speaking of, how you liking those?

Saw that on amazon last night too! Great price. My .02, the I love the monster gels. They get a good seal and seem to stay put, but my all time comfort love is comply's foam. 15bucks every 3 months is a little steep though.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #553 of 4,317

Quote:
I added to my post, might interest you.

Thanks. I'd be interested in a comparison of your new Triple.Fi's and your Senns. Different sounds, each with their pros and cons. 

I liked the Westone 4 quite a bit, as I did the MP. The W4 is considered to be one of the best universals, this side of custom. What if there was a fully dynamic custom? What if that custom also came with tuning ports so you could adjust exactly how much bass you wanted? And what if that company was very well regarded and offered driver upgrades to existing models as new products came out? Wouldn't that sound like a dream? Huge dynamic soundstage, and a sound that is natural, and is competitive with or tops the best IEM's on earth? 

Read this, my friend.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #554 of 4,317

Quote:
Are these just good for $7.11?

Or are they actually good (ie can dominate a $40 pair of Mee CC51?)?

It will put up a good fight. It'll actually fight the full 12 rounds and will be up to the judges. I think it just comes down to personal preference. 
I just don't like the highs on them, there's something odd. Beautiful bass though. I also don't like it's soundstage but I'm someone who likes the Xears TDII's soundstage over the TF10's so maybe I'm just odd.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.....IF they fit you.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #555 of 4,317

Quote:
Thanks. I'd be interested in a comparison of your new Triple.Fi's and your Senns. Different sounds, each with their pros and cons. 

I'll certainly do my best. My review won't be quite up to snuff, I've never done one before, take what you will from a 17 year old when I post it. I'll add the 8320 later on to the review if you'd like as well. I really do like the idea of hyrbids as well, dynamic and BA in the same shell. UM actually reshells IE8s adding 1 mids and 1 highs driver. No ones got it yet though. I'm worried that the original sound might vanish with the dynamic only doing lows. Then again, maybe it could be purely awesome. There are many things I'd like to try. As of now, the funds do not permit. I really wanted to do customs this year, oh well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back