The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (Lively Discussions starting Page 7)
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #61 of 139
Those circumaural earpads remind me of the DT48...

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #62 of 139
This review describes the new Xiaomi Headset as quite good. Better than the Beats Solo, at a much lower price.
The build quality is superb, and appears to be a hifi headset.
It is very practical however is inferior to some due to the lack of active noise cancellation.

He then compares to akg k701 or DT880, and how the xiaomi has larger diaphragm, but that doesn't necessarily mean better sound quality.

The sound quality is actually not very hifi, where the highs, mids, and lows, don't come together nicely.

Soundstage is a bit empty, or too airy

Not very good low end,

Mid range is rough,

High end is nice.

Again the review unit is a pre-production unit, and maybe more burn-in could make it sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqwPXfbQvo

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #63 of 139

another unfortunate update

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #64 of 139
WT* Xiaomi.

There might be renovations(?) - is the term correct?

That makes customers disappointed.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #66 of 139
If this delay has nothing to do with the word 'improvement', then I'll call it a GG!

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #67 of 139
As far as i can tell they had quality control issues with the first batch of production which then Set then ETA back until they got it sorted out

Mar 30, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #68 of 139
Oh. I didn't know about that.

They should give incentives to everyone who preordered.

Mar 30, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #69 of 139
As far as i can tell they had quality control issues with the first batch of production which then Set then ETA back until they got it sorted out

Thanks for info! It is better they sort it out now. Give them sometime, delay is better than delivering flawed product.

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #70 of 139
The Xiaomi celebrated their 5th year today, as well as releasing their new products.

And for our topic, Xiaomi Mi Headphones HiFi Edition will be released on April 8th!

This might be the official release date.

Mar 31, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #71 of 139
While Waiting I order the xiaomi mi in ear 3rd gen Phones /Headset and they got into packing right away

Mar 31, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #72 of 139
whoa. nice.. I'll get one too once it locally available.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #73 of 139
  This review describes the new Xiaomi Headset as quite good. Better than the Beats Solo, at a much lower price.
The build quality is superb, and appears to be a hifi headset.
It is very practical however is inferior to some due to the lack of active noise cancellation.

He then compares to akg k701 or DT880, and how the xiaomi has larger diaphragm, but that doesn't necessarily mean better sound quality.

The sound quality is actually not very hifi, where the highs, mids, and lows, don't come together nicely.

Soundstage is a bit empty, or too airy

Not very good low end,

Mid range is rough,

High end is nice.

Again the review unit is a pre-production unit, and maybe more burn-in could make it sound better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJqwPXfbQvo

He also seems to note a channel imbalance shifting to the left channel with the on-ear pads but that it was better with the over-ear pads.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #74 of 139
so it means there's a little defect on the pads.

Thanks FYLegend

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #75 of 139
It seems official that Malaysia sales date would be 8th April. A bit pricey but look solid enough. Will wait proper preview to pop up here first. I ended up buying superlux evo instead for home use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back