The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery
Aug 31, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #316 of 1,426
Philips Fidelio X1

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #324 of 1,426
Not very professional, but this is the best I could get from HTC One's ****ty camera lol. Open to criticism, need advice on how to improve my photography without getting a DSLR..

Sep 16, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #325 of 1,426
Not very professional, but this is the best I could get from HTC One's ****ty camera lol. Open to criticism, need advice on how to improve my photography without getting a DSLR..

Proper lighting does absolute wonders for the One's camera.

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #326 of 1,426

And all cameras. Lighting is the number 1 factor IMO and then everything else like composition of the shot, background, etc. (see discussions in previous posts in response to White Lotus' request for feedback)

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #327 of 1,426

Actually I think my HTC has a problem with its camera. Whenever I give it too much or too little light the photo gets VERY grainy an the edges become purple. Don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it's hard to get a proper photo like this..

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #328 of 1,426
Actually I think my HTC has a problem with its camera. Whenever I give it too much or too little light the photo gets VERY grainy an the edges become purple. Don't know if I'm the only one with this problem but it's hard to get a proper photo like this..

The purple camera is a hardware issue. My wife had it on hers. You can get it fixed under warranty. They give you a brand new unit.

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #330 of 1,426

Please give me tips on better photography of my gear. Won't take offence. I've learned great tips from some of you guys already!

I think this is your best shot so far. The lighting is good, and so is the composition.

My only critique would be to remove distracting elements from the shot. The headphone cable takes away a good deal, and you could try to crop out the table.

My advice to learn photography is to go out and look at pictures that make you say "wow!". Then, try to find out what it is that makes the photos look interesting. The last step is to go out there and just do it. It also helps to be your own worst critic. Also, annoy your friends and ask them to be your models. All this put together will help you grow really quickly. In the space of less than a year, my photos went from

To

Similar pose, but different composition and lighting. These things make all the difference, since photography is essentially just painting with light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back