The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone)
Jan 1, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #947 of 1,624
so does this sound exactly the same as the original BCL?

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #953 of 1,624

Quote:
How do you measure 4x times better ??

The answer is subjective.

In real world there is no equipment that will give you 4x better results if you compare two things that are working right. Let's say that amplifier A has noise level that is around  -80 dB, then amplifier B (4xbetter) should have -320 dB...
Which is not possible in any case.

Furthermore, below -90 dB - noise is non audible. Some people would give huge amount of money for something that they can't hear at all. Because HIGH number printed on the paper - looks good. And amplifier that is overwhelmed with "high numbers"  - "must be good".

"I my garage I have Ferrari that is able to drive almost 200 Mph.
But I live in woods and use John Deere to get to work, because we do not have roads.

Do I need Ferrari?

...No. It is just waste of money.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #954 of 1,624
You are absolutely right !

The other interesting question would be in my opinion, if someone, with great experience in headphone amps, but unfamiliar with the sound of the BCL, could distinguish on a blind test, witch one, the BCL or the Lovely cube is more expensive/better.

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #955 of 1,624
i can successfully distinguish and identify different amp and headphone combos in a blind test.

i know what headphone/amp i am using as well as being able to hear and identify the different tube combos/cables/mods/etc used in the system.

i am THAT good.

jk 
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #957 of 1,624
Well different doesn't mean it sounds worse, just different.

Personally I think the LC is pretty neutral with maybe slight touch of warmth. 
What are you looking for in a amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back