The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #181 of 583
That's a shame re the jumper.

My Caig DeOxit arrived and I used it on my new tubes and existing power tubes. Really didn't think it would make much of a difference but it sure did. Highly recommend if you can get some.

Order some Sovtek 6H30 PI power tubes which I'm waiting to arrive to complete my tube rolling which is a lot easier than I realised. Would never go back to solid state now.

Jan 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #182 of 583

Quote:
That's a shame re the jumper.

My Caig DeOxit arrived and I used it on my new tubes and existing power tubes. Really didn't think it would make much of a difference but it sure did. Highly recommend if you can get some.

Order some Sovtek 6H30 PI power tubes which I'm waiting to arrive to complete my tube rolling which is a lot easier than I realised. Would never go back to solid state now.

Where did you order the DeOxit from?

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #184 of 583
Mine just arrived!!, an MKIV SE  I was shocked it only took 4 days to ship from China to my doorstep!  Happily plugged it in and I'm already rocking out with it. 

I am completely shocked at how much bigger than the MKIII it is.  I can't wait to start tube-rolling again as well!

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #185 of 583
Congratulations, enjoy it!

Feb 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #187 of 583
Does anyone know where David and team from Little Dot are? I ordered my Mk IV SE late last week. However, David has not been replying to emails since Feb 6. I sure hope he is all right.

They were closed for the Chinese New Year. It seemed their shipping company was also out for that--it took a while until I got DHL's tracking information. Once it hit the system, it was on an express route to my front step. Yes, I ordered a MK IV. And no, you may NOT borrow it! :beyersmile:

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #188 of 583
Hello, I want to buy Little Dot Mk IV or Mk IV SE (not sure yet). I want to pair it with my bayer DT 770 80ohm + HD595 and Nuforce uDac2. Is it a good idea ? Is low impedance 80ohm a problem ? Later I want upgrade my cans, so I hope Mk IV will be good even with something like HD800, T1, T5, T70.

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #189 of 583

Quote:
Hello, I want to buy Little Dot Mk IV or Mk IV SE (not sure yet). I want to pair it with my bayer DT 770 80ohm + HD595 and Nuforce uDac2. Is it a good idea ? Is low impedance 80ohm a problem ? Later I want upgrade my cans, so I hope Mk IV will be good even with something like HD800, T1, T5, T70.

I use mine with 32ohm Ultrasone HFI-780 and 250ohm Beyerdynamic T70 with my MK IV SE, and both sound amazing. I use my iBasso D6 as my DAC for he time being until I save up for a Schiit Bifrost.

I swapped my driver tubes with LM Ericsson 403b tubes which I'd highly recommend if you can find a pair.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #190 of 583
My Mk IV SE arrived yesterday! It's beautiful... and it's really quite big. It sounds amazing out of the box, and I'm looking forward to improvements after burn-in. I also ordered a couple of 6J1P-EV (6ZH1P-EV) from Russia to tube roll... just for some fun. I have the gain set at 4 at the moment, for my AKG Q701. :)

Feb 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #191 of 583
smdscn0854.jpg
smdscn0859.jpg

And that's my Little Dot setup! Works great, sounds good. :beyersmile: I've got 19 hours of music burn-in on it and quite a bit more non-music use (gaming, youtube, etc).

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #192 of 583
When I use M8161 tubes with the jumpers changed, the right channel always sounds like there’s much less volume and less bass. Also when I turn the amp off the right channels drops to no volume in a few seconds whereas the left channel stays on for 30-40 seconds while draining power.

Is there something wrong with one of my power tubes? Or maybe a capacitor inside the unit?

I tried swapping the L/R driver tubes to see if it was one of them, but its always the right channel.

-edit-

I fixed it, there was a chewed up jumper from me using crappy pliers trying to change it. Must have caused a crappy connection and wasn't changing the voltage correctly.

I swapped it and now it's working fine.

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #193 of 583
Hi all,

I'm new to Head-Fi.

Here's my story. I bought a Cyberpower PC last year in which I installed an ASUS ESSENCE ST card to drive my Audio-Technica ATH-M50S. It did the trick for a few months and I was pretty happy with my gear. But eventually, after reading this and other headphones dedicated web sites, I decided to get a pair of Sennheiser HD650. I loved them right away (they became even better after a couple hundred hours of burn time). But I quickly realized that my ASUS card was not giving me enough. I wanted more, better. I then decided to get a Nuforce Icon HDP that I now use throug the SPDIF output of my Asus card. I'm very happy with my gear and I think that I could stop here. But, I'm curious, I want to try tubes. And this thread convinced me to order a Little Dot MK IV SE that I intend to use with the Nuforce ICON HDP. I ordered from David and he seems very professional, I'm glad I ordered from him already. I'll keep you posted on how things go with my new set up.

Louie from San Francisco.

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #194 of 583
Hi All,
I'm just new to head-fi like Louie
I interested too with tube, especially with little dot MK IV
but I'm not yet order for that
I have a question, Can I use MK IV without DAC?for example ipod -> MK IV -> DT770
How can I connect my ipod to MK IV, could I use interconnect mini to RCA from ipod to MK IV?

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #195 of 583
Subrata you need a DAC and iPod Dock, or an iPod Dock with RCA output.
Otherwise you are taking the amplified signal from your iPod and try to feed it to your amp, double amplification loss of quality.
The Dock will tap on the digital signal and pass it on the DAC which then will convert it to an analogue signal and feed your amp.
Some Docks have the DAC built in and provide an analogue signal for your amp.
The LD MKIV SE is a wonderful amp, you'll be very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back