The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #211 of 583
[size=medium]Floating the grounds means that the equipment ground is no longer tied to the outlet receptacle ground like using cheater plugs. Ground loop happens when the ground that one equipment is using is at a different potential from another piece of equipment. A small current loop is created when the resistances of the two grounds are slightly different. It has nothing to do with the quality of the equipment or the power supply. The last time I had a ground loop issue was with the cable TV coming into the house that had a different grounding source from the house ground. I solve the problem by isolate the cable ground from the house ground. This does not always work with all cable systems. Some RCA cables avoid the issue by connected the ground only on one side of the cable. It is best to have a good single-point grounding system than to lift or “float” the ground from a safety standpoint and to reduce interference from other sources like RF.[/size]

Aug 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #214 of 583
Welcome back Gavin :)

Which tubes did you end up with?  I also ended up with an LD MKIV and couldn't be happier.  Still have the HD600s - but repurchased the DT880 (600) - and couldn't be happier.

Currently using 6H30Pi Golds for power, and alternating between Mullard M8100 and GE JAN5654W (Early Square Getter).  So far I think the best combo for me are the JAN 5654W.

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #217 of 583
Hi,

New member of the group here and just started last September acquiring HP gears..  I bought the LD MKIV SE and very happy with it.

Do you think this will void warranty?

Just injecting the thread some humor guys, no offense intended 
bigsmile_face.gif

I really enjoy my LD MKIV SE with my HD-650.  After trying some input tubes, I settled with CBS Hytron 6AK5 and just the stock  power tubes or the EH 6H30.

I also have excellent results using  Schiit Bifrost as DAC to drive the LD.  From this combo, small ensemble acoustic jazz is like touching heaven(at least for me).  Regards!

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #219 of 583

I just got back an email from David, supplying me with the tracking number.

It appears the amp was already shipped on monday and it's now about 2 hours away from my house.

No comment... that really is insanely fast.

Thanks David and Sword :)

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #220 of 583
Quote:
Hi,

New member of the group here and just started last September acquiring HP gears..  I bought the LD MKIV SE and very happy with it.

Do you think this will void warranty?

bigsmile_face.gif

I really enjoy my LD MKIV SE with my HD-650.  After trying some input tubes, I settled with CBS Hytron 6AK5 and just the stock  power tubes or the EH 6H30.

I also have excellent results using  Schiit Bifrost as DAC to drive the LD.  From this combo, small ensemble acoustic jazz is like touching heaven(at least for me).  Regards!

I dunno if it will void warranty.. But I have to say... That apple logo on the little dot I think is not good. I think it is tasteless, in fact maybe the most tasteless thing I've seen this year.
The reason I feel that way is because if you enjoy that Little Dot amp, you should show that and place credit and attention on the Little Dot and the brand. Now if you plaster something like that apple logo on it, It take away attention from little dot and also even makes it appear that it is an apple product.

That is the reason why I am so anal about this... I have a principal problem with this...

But ofcourse it is your item. I hope you can forgive me my anger. I am truly sorry if I offended you :frowning2: but I am now little dot fan and will make a fight for these guys...

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #221 of 583

I dunno if it will void warranty.. But I have to say... That apple logo on the little dot I think is not good. I think it is tasteless, in fact maybe the most tasteless thing I've seen this year.
The reason I feel that way is because if you enjoy that Little Dot amp, you should show that and place credit and attention on the Little Dot and the brand. Now if you plaster something like that apple logo on it, It take away attention from little dot and also even makes it appear that it is an apple product.

That is the reason why I am so anal about this... I have a principal problem with this...

But of course it is your item. I hope you can forgive me my anger. I am truly sorry if I offended you :frowning2: but I am now little dot fan and will make a fight for these guys...

Perhaps lighten up a little and notice this line which you may have missed ........

bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #222 of 583
Quote:

But ofcourse it is your item. I hope you can forgive me my anger. I am truly sorry if I offended you :frowning2: but I am now little dot fan and will make a fight for these guys...

No worries!  As I said, just injecting some humor and no intention to be offensive at all (Thanks Brooko!)

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #223 of 583
I love my LD MKIV with rolled tubes along with my Beyer DT880 Premium 600 ohm headphones. The problem is I just don't get to use it enough, especially now I have 2 puppies as well as my 2 10 year old cats.

I am in a dilemma as I am thinking of selling, but don't know if I should or even if there would be a buyer. What should I do?

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #225 of 583
Hi there,

i'm an happy user of LD MK IV products, now i want to change my driver tubes CV4010 by a couple of Mullard 6AM6S  while keeping power tubes 6H30EB.

it is possible?

Sorry for my bad english!

Regards Dom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back