The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #61 of 583
I just got an e-mail from David advising Little Dot have my amp (it sure took a long time to get there from the UK!) along with a PayPal refund for the postage costs.

I've asked David to let me know what is wrong with the amp and for Little Dot to perform an extended testing/listening once they think they've fixed it as I really don't want it going wrong again!

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #62 of 583

Quote:
I have used the DTE880/250Ohm and they are not that bad.
My preferred cans at the moment for the LD MKIVSE are the HD650.

hehe and HD600 are my preferred for IV
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #63 of 583
Any of you on a Mac?

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #64 of 583
Oct 20, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #65 of 583
les I recommend you download and try the AyreWave player http://sbooth.org/AyreWave/ and let us know what you think of it.

Nov 16, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #69 of 583
Good news indeed.
Did David mention what was wrong with your amp?

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #70 of 583
Thanks rosgr63 - I never managed to determine what was actually wrong, despite asking. I've received good service from Little Dot overall, but having said that, they were less communicative than I would have liked when the amp was back with them for the diagnosis period. I believe they're sending a replacement as opposed to repairing the unit I originally received.

I was inclined to push the issue with them but after getting a little stroppy, and subsequently realising I had actually got the time period the amp had been with them wrong, I thought I had better reel it in a little. I just hope this one works correctly as otherwise I'll be asking for a refund.

Nov 16, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #71 of 583
subscribed!

this is my new favourite thread, I'll be purchasing my MK IV in the next week or two, I'm finding it incredibly difficult not to just hit my credit card
up for it right now!! anyway this will be my first headphone amp and I'll be pairing it with my DT880's and using my Bravura's line out as a
source until i can scrape some more pennies together to grab a LD DAC_I

thanks for all the info folks, you've already answered a ton of my questions i didn't even know i had.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #72 of 583

Dear psone,

Welcome to this forum and particularly this thread. Hope you will enjoy your stay here! :) . I am quite sure you will like the MK IV, paired with the DT-880. This combo has been tested and appreciated for quite a while now, so you won't go wrong.

tiramisu515
Quote:
subscribed!

this is my new favourite thread, I'll be purchasing my MK IV in the next week or two, I'm finding it incredibly difficult not to just hit my credit card
up for it right now!! anyway this will be my first headphone amp and I'll be pairing it with my DT880's and using my Bravura's line out as a
source until i can scrape some more pennies together to grab a LD DAC_I

thanks for all the info folks, you've already answered a ton of my questions i didn't even know i had.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #73 of 583
Thanks Tiramisu515,

i am officially addicted to the forums!

As for MKIV i really can't wait to get a hold of it, I've read nothing but good things about it and in particular it in combination with the 880s, so I'm fairly confident i won't
be disappointed. i think i may have to pull the trigger on it sooner rather than later!

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #75 of 583
Nice photo!
psone the DTE880 and LD MKIVSE are a nice combination, you will not be disappointed for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back