"The Lab"
Oct 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #12,931 of 20,136
Good idea!

Okay guys, new contest...

Labster t-shirt design contest!

The Labster with the coolest t-shirt design posted gets a free brand new Zero Audio Carbo Tenore!

Starting now!

Ooh, if we need to sweeten the pot I might be able to find something
wink_face.gif

Now ..where is my Zero Audio Tenore ...first ever Labster T-Shirt ...unveiled two months back .....huh ?

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #12,934 of 20,136
I'm finally burning with CIEM fever: http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-xx-6-driver-ciem-massdrop-edition/reviews/14140

After dealing with big "companies" and all that marketing and PR stuff, it was so refreshing to be in touch directly with Piotr/CustomArt who transformed from a head-fier and CIEM fanatic to a man behind CustomArt, designing and manufacturing these cool CIEMs.  Just such a cool story, similar to Zach and Luke (Vince and Nik, you know who I'm talking about), where these guys living a dream of turning their passion for sound into a business.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #12,937 of 20,136
  I'm finally burning with CIEM fever: http://www.head-fi.org/products/customart-ei-xx-6-driver-ciem-massdrop-edition/reviews/14140

After dealing with big "companies" and all that marketing and PR stuff, it was so refreshing to be in touch directly with Piotr/CustomArt who transformed from a head-fier and CIEM fanatic to a man behind CustomArt, designing and manufacturing these cool CIEMs.  Just such a cool story, similar to Zach and Luke (Vince and Nik, you know who I'm talking about), where these guys living a dream of turning their passion for sound into a business.

Did you try the Ei.3? If so, how do they compare. I LOVED the Ei.3 universal tour sample... better than the Harmony 8, which I found overly BA/digital sounding. As @nmatheis said in some back and forth somewhere (forget where), it's almost like the Ei.3 has a dynamic driver hidden in there somewhere.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #12,938 of 20,136

Did you try the Ei.3? If so, how do they compare. I LOVED the Ei.3 universal tour sample... better than the Harmony 8, which I found overly BA/digital sounding. As @nmatheis said in some back and forth somewhere (forget where), it's almost like the Ei.3 has a dynamic driver hidden in there somewhere.

Nope, didn't try Ei.3, but Adam @acain was also part of Ei.xx (really can call it Ei.6) review group and he has Ei.3 which he reviewed before and I'm sure will use in comparison when working on his Ei.xx review.  But I have no doubt that Ei.xx takes Ei.3 to a whole new level.  I wasn't kidding when I wrote in my review that bass in Ei.xx (4 dedicated bass drivers) feels like a hybrid design with dynamic drivers handling sub-bass extension with longer decay and some serious rumble while mid-bass with its fast punch has a performance typical of fast attack of BA driver.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #12,939 of 20,136
   @rontant We miss you buddy, come back! Spend all your money and hang out with us!

Thanks for the shoutout, buddy. I am still alive and kicking but I am afraid I won't have enough money to spend on this hobby anymore as I am about to quit my job before Christmas. :)

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #12,940 of 20,136
Thanks for the shoutout, buddy. I am still alive and kicking but I am afraid I won't have enough money to spend on this hobby anymore as I am about to quit my job before Christmas. :)
Well friend, we miss you and your scenic pictures. Good luck with the whole job thing. Stop in from time to time and say hey.

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #12,941 of 20,136
Yes you're correct, they changed the naming with the Pro 5.

Your comments about LTE has got me worried as well
wink.gif
I think the safest way is to just send the bands it supports to your network provider and ask if it compatible. I'm not willing to accept lack of 4G/LTE either.....

Peter, if you are worried about 4G/LTE compatibility, you might want to look at this Mi Note 5 http://www.mi.com/sg/minote/hifi/. Its 4G LTE should be compatible with both Telenor and Netcoms' LTE bands in Norway. 

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #12,943 of 20,136

They are both great and both have there time and place in my ears, the Ei.xx bass and uppers are in another league. Ei.3 don't go as low as the Ei.xx and can't match the way they reproduce details. The higher frequencies extend further and are more in your face without being to much.

@Wokei put some pants on, or are you wearing shorty shorts (Daisy Dukes).

Oct 2, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #12,945 of 20,136

Well friend, we miss you and your scenic pictures. Good luck with the whole job thing. Stop in from time to time and say hey.

Thanks buddy, I'll definitely stop by from time to time, especially to check out Wokei's GIFs.

@Wokei I love that gif of Spock and the cat. Reminds me of Don Corleone and his cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back