"The Lab"
Jun 12, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #8,731 of 20,136
Friday arrivals always kick off my weekend right
biggrin.gif

A fresh sealed one for the Wokster and another backup pair for me
wink_face.gif

Peter, Twist and hakush, enjoyed your reviews on Philips FideX2, MEE Air-Fi and X5ii
biggrin.gif

Have a great weekend Labsters
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #8,732 of 20,136
A friend of mine at work collects old radios and has them restored this is an all original parts 1950's Zenith radio with the original headphones, I thought it was very cool.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #8,734 of 20,136
Friday arrivals always kick off my weekend right:D

A fresh sealed one for the Wokster and another backup pair for me:wink_face:

Peter, Twist and hakush, enjoyed your reviews on Philips FideX2, MEE Air-Fi and X5ii:D

Have a great weekend Labsters:beerchug:

Thanks. Good weekend to you, too.

My Friday arrival was pretty unexciting, but better than a kick in the pants:

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #8,735 of 20,136
TGIF everyone..
Wanted to ask if any here had purchased more that one pair of the same model headphone and noticed if they sound different?  After my experience with building 3 SennGrado headphones has shown me that the three different drivers in the same wood cups produce different results that are easily noticed.  The other headphones that I have noticed this are my two HE-560's and two K7XX.  The differences are not as easy to notices on these two as with the SennGrado's but there is a difference that I can hear with careful listening.

Jun 12, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #8,737 of 20,136
  TGIF everyone..
Wanted to ask if any here had purchased more that one pair of the same model headphone and noticed if they sound different?  After my experience with building 3 SennGrado headphones has shown me that the three different drivers in the same wood cups produce different results that are easily noticed.  The other headphones that I have noticed this are my two HE-560's and two K7XX.  The differences are not as easy to notices on these two as with the SennGrado's but there is a difference that I can hear with careful listening.

It sounds like bad QC.

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #8,739 of 20,136

They look very comfy hakush:wink:

Nice resto on the Zenith Acain, comps to your buddy on his excellent work:D

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #8,740 of 20,136
  Friday arrivals always kick off my weekend right
biggrin.gif

A fresh sealed one for the Wokster and another backup pair for me
wink_face.gif

Peter, Twist and hakush, enjoyed your reviews on Philips FideX2, MEE Air-Fi and X5ii
biggrin.gif

Have a great weekend Labsters
beerchug.gif

Damn You!!
wink.gif

Ordered my ATE ~2 weeks after the ED9, and they're already in Canada (Kamloops to be specific). The ED9 seems to have been sucked into a black hole.

Those HM5s? If so, you do realise you can pick them up off amazon.ca for the exact same price - much faster shipping. I'm still waiting for them to get the angled pads in stock, but they do have the new colours

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #8,744 of 20,136

Jun 13, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #8,745 of 20,136
I received my HD 650 balanced cable with RSA connector.  It will be later today before I get a chance to check it out.
I have three choices of kit:

iPod Classic w/ Apple Lossless to Centrance HiFi M8,

iPod Classic w/ Apple Lossless to Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB then balanced to Alo RX MK 3 B,

iPod Touch G4 w/ Apple Lossless to Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo (G1) to Alo RX MK 3 B.

Any thoughts as to which one will be my favorite and why?

Just to get a slow day going .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back