"The Lab"
May 18, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #5,942 of 20,136

Thanks! Yes will try it again and see how it goes on. Mind showing what the ear hole looks like? Does it get stretched? The HP150 housing is round whereas the HM5 pads are oval. This doesn't effect the sound negatively I hope. Thanks in advance

Once they're on they're pretty much round. Just take your time. I found that it's a bit easier to get them on completely over the groove first, then pulling the vinyl back to fit into the groove.
I believe @Baycode (?) suggested using a bicycle tire lever will help, and I think I've also read that it helps to warm the vinyl with a hairdryer first.

May 18, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #5,943 of 20,136
May 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #5,944 of 20,136
Once they're on they're pretty much round. Just take your time. I found that it's a bit easier to get them on completely over the groove first, then pulling the vinyl back to fit into the groove.
I believe @Baycode
 (?) suggested using a bicycle tire lever will help, and I think I've also read that it helps to warm the vinyl with a hairdryer first.

Hmm...

Not much difference in sound + bicycle tire lever = me no try

:eek:

May 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #5,946 of 20,136
Hmm...

Not much difference in sound + bicycle tire lever = me no try

eek.gif

The stock pads aren't bad themselves. I originally got a pair of velours thinking that they'd be less hot. Possibly, but they also made my hp150 rather hollow sounding. Figured that I'd give the pleather a go since they're available from amazon.ca, and I did like the thicker earpads (my ears did brush against the earcups).
Again I gotta clarify that I'm not good at comparisons, esp. with the time it takes to do the switch. One day, I'll put the stocks back on and see if I can tell any difference, but that sort of thing is probably best for people with better ears than mine.

@RedJohn456 looking again, the hm5 pads aren't completely round. I just made sure the seam was on the bottom when I installed them so there wouldn't be any fit issues (from what I remember, the earpads can still be rotated after they're on). If you'd still like a pic, I'll try to get one tomorrow

May 19, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #5,947 of 20,136
  I go with a full on 5.1 channel system. Denon Receiver, Paradigm/Energy speakers.

I am very happy with my 5.1 Energy Take classic speakers with a Yamaha sub, and Yamaha RX-V371 that's all in my bedroom with a 37" LCD. In my living room I have another Yamaha 7.2 surround sound, but I went with a Plasma, they are better for live sports.

May 19, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #5,948 of 20,136
Energy speakers are the BOMB!!!! Talk about value for performance. :)

Go Canada!! :D

May 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #5,949 of 20,136
This box just arrived... too bad it arrived at my wife's mum's house in Japan, and I won't see them until she gets back from her visit in a week's time!

May 19, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #5,951 of 20,136
Wow yout wife did the unboxing.

Yeah... wouldn't fit in her suitcase. If the box can be un-done and packed flat, she'll bring it back with her. If not, it'll have to wait for our next couple-trip next summer.

May 19, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #5,952 of 20,136
No problem, bro. Just send one of the pairs around on tour. I've never heard KZ and would take part. Besides, it'd be funny to tour an IEM where shipping would cost almost as much as the IEM
wink_face.gif

Just have to make sure nobody is overly tempted by all the brass and sells them for scrap
eek.gif

Haha...

May 19, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #5,953 of 20,136
No Moto GP fans ? ....:mad:

Casual Motogp fan here; gradually lost some of the fire when Casey Stoner dropped out of it. Went to all of the races at Laguna Seca until they dropped it out of the series. Saw the World Superbike round there last year; it was good but not near the spectacle of MGP. I gotta say Marquez has been a lot of fun to watch these last couple of seasons. Who do you like?

May 19, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #5,954 of 20,136
Casual Motogp fan here; gradually lost some of the fire when Casey Stoner dropped out of it. Went to all of the races at Laguna Seca until they dropped it out of the series. Saw the World Superbike round there last year; it was good but not near the spectacle of MGP. I gotta say Marquez has been a lot of fun to watch these last couple of seasons. Who do you like?

Me ....always The Doc ....always with a smile on his face ....love his tenacity and his dare devil overtaking skillz .......even when he is not on top ...always a thrill to watch him .....Woot woot

Kinda like Wokei ..always smiling even when times are bad .....muahahhahahahahaaaaa

May 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #5,955 of 20,136
No problem, bro. Just send one of the pairs around on tour. I've never heard KZ and would take part. Besides, it'd be funny to tour an IEM where shipping would cost almost as much as the IEM :wink_face:

Just have to make sure nobody is overly tempted by all the brass and sells them for scrap :eek:

Woah ....hold on there ......KZ ED9 is the da bomb ...went to me friend's place and demo it ....man ....the bulit quality is amazing ....the wire and jack look very much like the Vsonic AN16 .....but the sound is so good ...much better than EDSE imho ...and for $10 ..it will make very good Xmas present ....with shiny and brass filter for different sound sig ..what more can one ask for more ...

Though would agree with you that touring this around USA ..the shipping would cost more than KZ IEM themselves ......

Wokei approved this ED9 ....imho it should cost more than 50$ and not more than 75$ ....woot woot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back