The King of Value - SONY MH1C - Impressions & Appreciations Thread!!
Nov 11, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #61 of 99
 They sound pretty damn close to the Sennheiser HD 280 pro's

seriously ?
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #62 of 99
Quote:
Hi turgid,

I own an xperia s. I've been searching for this MH1C and finally found it at eBay. The only thing that stopped me from buying is the originality. As you have bought and it is up to your satisfaction, I've decided to try on eBay. Kindly post the link or the seller information. Am from India and use ebay.in.

Thanks in Advance

Edit:

Also I saw in Amazon two versions of this headset

One is around $29 and other around $65 y the price difference?

helo mate,

the seller i got it from had 1.6k with COD option , but hiked it upto 2.6k!!!!

this is the cheaper one but no COD ... but still its damn cheap especially once you use some ebay coupons 
http://www.ebay.in/itm/OEM-Sony-Ericsson-MH1C-In-Ear-3-5mm-Remote-Handsfree-Headset-WHT-/181020288447?pt=IN_Mobile_Accessories&hash=item2a25a665bf#ht_7200wt_904

have a great listen..
cheer 

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #63 of 99
Quote:
Hi turgid,

I own an xperia s. I've been searching for this MH1C and finally found it at eBay. The only thing that stopped me from buying is the originality. As you have bought and it is up to your satisfaction, I've decided to try on eBay. Kindly post the link or the seller information. Am from India and use ebay.in.

Thanks in Advance

Edit:

The price difference is due to official full retail packaging and bulk packaging. You just get a extra box, 1 year warranty thats it, except they are all the same.

I bought a white MH1C at first for 1000Rs.(with coupon) and thought of getting a black one too as it was getting very dirty and I love the SQ of these, so thought of getting a backup pair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170929287939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I bought another black one for 25$ from ebay.com, its legit but takes around 2 weeks to get delivered(worths the wait). All ebay.in vendors prices are way higher now and only white ones are cheap and I dont recommend the white one at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-SONY-headset-headphone-Fr-MH1C-LT28i-LT22I-ST25I-MT25I-MT27I-LT26I-ST21-/321018714910?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4abe34db1e

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #64 of 99
Quote:
Hi turgid,

Thanks in Advance

Edit:

1. There are no fakes.  The cheap version has no packaging (except a nice plastic bag, tips and shirt clip) while the $65 version comes with retail packaging and warranty.
2. Just make sure you get the MH1C and not the MH1 which is for older Sony Ericsson phones

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #65 of 99
Quote:

seriously ?
confused_face_2.gif

The sound signature is similar to the Senns, of course the soundstage is not as large as those (which is sort of what makes those Senns so special), but at least the type of sound that these Sony's pump out is similar in spectrum to my highly untrained ears. I'll do another A/B comparision to give a better impression.

EDIT: After a quick A/B test of the HD 280 pro vs. the Sony MH1C: Similar signature, though the Sony's are just slightly warmer which also makes them slightly darker than the Senns. Instrument detail seems just a bit better on the Senns but I'm not sure if its instrument detail I'm hearing or instrument placement due to the massive soundstage from the Sennheisers. Bass is a bit more prominent in the Sonys, though I think they are pretty close to each other in accuracy.

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #67 of 99
is it possible to improve the soundstage with a mod?

Nov 12, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #69 of 99
Just go them now and on the first listen I am amazed. Such a musical sound with remote for my xperia s to boot. All I can say is im impressed. From top to bottom, I dont find this lacking. This is the real bang/buck iem. Hear them for yourselves

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #71 of 99
I have ordered MH1C from amazon and I'm eagerly waiting for it

Meanwhile I want to change my mobile (Galaxy S2) to some Xperia so that I can use all functionalities of MH1c. Further my Galaxy S2's sound quality is very poor

Could anyone in this thread let me know which has better sound quality in XPERIAs (XPERIA S or U or P or Sola....)?

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #72 of 99
Got about 30 hours on these now. Bought for the princely sum of £12.

I bought these for casual listening in the offices (podcasts and whatnot). so comfort/convenience was key. They have exceeded my expectations by some margin. 

Their bass is their weak/strong point depending on your point of view.

For the consumer it is designed for it has plenty of bass. - Win.

For more critical listening, the bass is too flabby, bass notes can bleed into one another.  - Not so great.

Timbre of drums is pretty nice too. 

To my ears, these share a lot of qualities with the GR06. For a third of the price! I still think I prefer the GR06 though. But its a close run thing. They kick the arse of the Brainwavz R1.

I have noticed I need to crank the volume on my Galaxy S3 with these also. Will try them with an iPod/E6 in a bit.

For the price I paid for these, I truly do not think they can be beat. For a £50 sticker price, I think it would be much more interesting. The soft tips are awesome as well.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #73 of 99
Quote:
Got about 30 hours on these now. Bought for the princely sum of £12.

I bought these for casual listening in the offices (podcasts and whatnot). so comfort/convenience was key. They have exceeded my expectations by some margin. 

Their bass is their weak/strong point depending on your point of view.

For the consumer it is designed for it has plenty of bass. - Win.

For more critical listening, the bass is too flabby, bass notes can bleed into one another.  - Not so great.

Timbre of drums is pretty nice too. 

To my ears, these share a lot of qualities with the GR06. For a third of the price! I still think I prefer the GR06 though. But its a close run thing. They kick the arse of the Brainwavz R1.

I have noticed I need to crank the volume on my Galaxy S3 with these also. Will try them with an iPod/E6 in a bit.

For the price I paid for these, I truly do not think they can be beat. For a £50 sticker price, I think it would be much more interesting. The soft tips are awesome as well.

nice! enjoy ...

although i think the 'flabbiness' is gone once burnt in for around 50-75 hours! 
i found it tight and good and the bass hits hard, low and fast ... 
resolution doesnt come into the picture with a set like this .. but i still have to tell it has superb resolution for its price ...

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #74 of 99
Quote:

The sound signature is similar to the Senns, of course the soundstage is not as large as those (which is sort of what makes those Senns so special), but at least the type of sound that these Sony's pump out is similar in spectrum to my highly untrained ears. I'll do another A/B comparision to give a better impression.

EDIT: After a quick A/B test of the HD 280 pro vs. the Sony MH1C: Similar signature, though the Sony's are just slightly warmer which also makes them slightly darker than the Senns. Instrument detail seems just a bit better on the Senns but I'm not sure if its instrument detail I'm hearing or instrument placement due to the massive soundstage from the Sennheisers. Bass is a bit more prominent in the Sonys, though I think they are pretty close to each other in accuracy.

The MH1 is warmer as you noted,  i would pick the MH1 over the 280 any day, the 280 to my ears is flat and boring maybe good for "monotoring" but for pure fun, the Mh1 is better.

Personaly, . i dont like the sound of the 280.  worst buy ever... for me.  dont even make start with the "Clamp Force of Death", i cant use them for more than half an hour without having a headeach.

Nov 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #75 of 99
I just got mine and initial impressions are wow.  I really wasn't expecting that much but so far it really sounds great with my smartphones.  I need more time with it obviously but you really can't go wrong with these buds especially at this price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back