The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Dec 11, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #3,647 of 8,352
Seems like the HM5 pad mod is finally catching up
smile_phones.gif

Glad to see everyone(well most) are still enjoying their S500.

As for me, I mod mine more than actually enjoying music through them
deadhorse.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #3,651 of 8,352
Best on ear pad mod?

HD25 blue?

or

ATH pleathers?

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #3,652 of 8,352
I found on my pair of s500 after a good burning in session, around 50-60 hours the soundstage just opened up and became more airy. Enjoying these quite abit now. Geko I think the ATH pleathers are your best bet for improving the sound (tames the bass and balances the sound) and the hd25 blue are for a cool look and overall comfort.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #3,653 of 8,352
Quote:

Hi Gee. I did get to play with the Note 2 last weekend. First of all, I think the sound coming out of it is really sweet! But man, it's big! I have my SGS2 in a holster on my belt, and I pretty much need to be able to keep my phone there. How the heck do you carry around the Note? I have been interested in 7" tablets for a while, so I think that I will continue on down that road (and hopefully get one with a good audio chip) now that they are coming down in price.

Cool. I listened to my music on the SGN2 last night with the S500's and it sounded excellent. I love the size of the phone (phablet 
tongue.gif
) now as it really makes watching videos and playing games  more enjoyable, browsing the net is great on it too. I thought it was huge at first but now I'm so used to it, it feels totally normal to me. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #3,654 of 8,352
I found on my pair of s500 after a good burning in session, around 50-60 hours the soundstage just opened up and became more airy. Enjoying these quite abit now. Geko I think the ATH pleathers are your best bet for improving the sound (tames the bass and balances the sound) and the hd25 blue are for a cool look and overall comfort.

Ah I see.

So the HD25s don't improve the sound as much as the ATH pleathers?

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #3,656 of 8,352
Quote:
I haven't spent a lot of time listening to them yet.  I'm not hearing anything degraded.  Besides the more open sound, one noticeable improvement is quieting the irritating resonance I hear in certain mid frequencies, usually in female vocals when they sing loud or high, and fiddles/violins.  This is fatiguing for me, and I've seen a few others here mention this resonance issue.

You might think the sound would be thinner with the larger pads, or that you'd have to turn the volume up higher, neither is the case. 

The comfort is night and day.  I can have them on my ears now indefinitely with no discomfort.

Done! Thanks, looking forward to them. Thanks also to cyloh, cute and dsnuts!

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #3,660 of 8,352
You guys seem to love trance. I'm more of a house/hardstyle kinda EDM'er I like the build up, bigger drops, and the harder beats. Trance is too "trancey" for me?
I've been jamming out to this quite a bit lately. It drops at 2:30 and I go into dance mode instantly =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6I25iZsX0I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back