The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 16, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #3,076 of 8,352
It's real easy actually, just slot whatever part of the pad lip into the "cut", so that the lip is like halfway in the groove, halfway out, and turn the pad "away" from the groove, while lightly holding on to the first part where it's already in the groove. Once you complete a whole round the lip will pop into the groove easily! i cant upload photos due to newbie restrictions, but i made a short video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDRTS4UrXs&feature=youtu.be
I sorta discovered it cus i was turning it the other way round and the lip got "caught" in the "cut" and i was wondering why the lip kept going in where i was pushing in and coming out the other side! duh...
Thank you!!! I was using the groove to help keep the pad in place, but never thought of twisting the pad itself... thanks again!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #3,077 of 8,352
You my friend is what one would call a "bass head" lol!

haha... you make it sound like it's a bad thing, though i hope it's not. I just appreciate the bass because all this while i've been on the crappy stock iphone4 ones, and for my laptop i use a Logitech H330 USB headset, cus i only have one audio port, so can't use those headsets with 2 separate audio/mic jacks.

The added bass is a lot for my current s500 setup, but it's not overpowering that would make you nauseous or distort the music, so i'm happy for now! I listen to a variety of music, from hardstyle, trance, hiphop, rnb, jazz, rock, alternative, classical sometimes as well if im in the mood, and it makes it so much better for watching movies with awesome surround sounds, makes the action so much more surreal, alive!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #3,079 of 8,352
Quote:
It's real easy actually, just slot whatever part of the pad lip into the "cut", so that the lip is like halfway in the groove, halfway out, and turn the pad "away" from the groove, while lightly holding on to the first part where it's already in the groove. Once you complete a whole round the lip will pop into the groove easily! i cant upload photos due to newbie restrictions, but i made a short video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDRTS4UrXs&feature=youtu.be
I sorta discovered it cus i was turning it the other way round and the lip got "caught" in the "cut" and i was wondering why the lip kept going in where i was pushing in and coming out the other side! duh...

Omg - that's brilliant! You won't believe how much future frustration you have just saved me. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #3,080 of 8,352
Does anyone need a tutorial with pictures for the Toilet Paper Mod?

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #3,081 of 8,352
Quote:
haha... you make it sound like it's a bad thing, though i hope it's not. I just appreciate the bass because all this while i've been on the crappy stock iphone4 ones, and for my laptop i use a Logitech H330 USB headset, cus i only have one audio port, so can't use those headsets with 2 separate audio/mic jacks.
The added bass is a lot for my current s500 setup, but it's not overpowering that would make you nauseous or distort the music, so i'm happy for now! I listen to a variety of music, from hardstyle, trance, hiphop, rnb, jazz, rock, alternative, classical sometimes as well if im in the mood, and it makes it so much better for watching movies with awesome surround sounds, makes the action so much more surreal, alive!

No, no, not a bad thing. Just slightly amazing to me, that's all :)  I found the bass to be too much with the stock pads to the point where it was fatiguing to me. I switched to the ath pleathers, and it's just right. So, seeing that you are enjoying the bass with the stock pads and the vents taped up (which increases the bass even more!) is pretty amazing to me lol!

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #3,082 of 8,352
Has anyone tried opening these cans yet? I might get a HA-S400 to experiment on... what do you think?

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #3,083 of 8,352
Amperiors should be better, not heard them but almost all reviews are giving them good scores.
S500 is all about Bang for The Buck.

Oh I see. Rick can get away with s500 blasphemy on this thread but when I suggest a headphone might possibly be better than the s500 on here, I get flamed for 3 days straight :D

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #3,084 of 8,352
Oh I see. Rick can get away with s500 blasphemy on this thread but when I suggest a headphone might possibly be better than the s500 on here, I get flamed for 3 days straight :D

Life's not fair buddy :tongue:

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #3,086 of 8,352
Quote:
Oh I see. Rick can get away with s500 blasphemy on this thread but when I suggest a headphone might possibly be better than the s500 on here, I get flamed for 3 days straight
biggrin.gif

Yeah, well not only did Rick not move the s500 out of #1 spot on his over-achievers list, but he also did not remove it completely off of his top 5 list. You should be grateful that you only got a 3 day flaming sentence LOL!
atsmile.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #3,088 of 8,352
Quote:
Oh I see. Rick can get away with s500 blasphemy on this thread but when I suggest a headphone might possibly be better than the s500 on here, I get flamed for 3 days straight
biggrin.gif

ooohh blasphemy is suggesting that a cheapo Phillips is better than a cheapo JVC... you know.
angry_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #3,089 of 8,352
Nov 16, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #3,090 of 8,352
ooohh blasphemy is suggesting that a cheapo Phillips is better than a cheapo JVC... you know. :angry_face:   .....   :D

Well if it makes you feel any better it is technically a $175 cheapo phillips vs a $50 cheapo jvc. :)

Ha! Btw, I just re-read your OP in your over achievers thread, and you've done good work there! Lots of pretty pictures too  :smile:

Thank you sir. I'll try to keep it updated as new stuff shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back