The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Oct 10, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2,191 of 8,352
Nice, rick was gonna ask you which pads you used but you already answered it. YEA more pad-on-pads. ha

Here is some interesting carbon nanotube news for you'll to digest.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/10/mit-pencils-in-carbon-nanotube-gas-sensor/

Seems like these CNT tech has a crazy wide amount of applications and is very versatile as well. Very interesting stuff indeed.....

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #2,192 of 8,352
Got the 64gb card.. As discussed windows will not format it to fat32 and still recognize it over 16gb. I had to stick it into a linux box and using the disk utility format it to FAT. Once I did that it showed up right away. Just keep it unpartitioned and do the format and it will show up as 59.4GB.

My ipad capacity is only 57GB in comparison.
ac184939_image.jpeg

So strictly for the purpose of a DMP the clip is a no brainer.

72GB Clip = 100 dollars

64GB iPod Touch = 350 dollars.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2,194 of 8,352
Quote:
Got the 64gb card.. As discussed windows will not format it to fat32 and still recognize it over 16gb. I had to stick it into a linux box and using the disk utility format it to FAT. Once I did that it showed up right away. Just keep it unpartitioned and do the format and it will show up as 59.4GB.
My ipad capacity is only 57GB in comparison.

Cool! Nice work :)

Btw, I thought that you got the Clip Zip (like me), but I didn't recognize the clip in your photo, and now I realize that you got the Clip +. In an earlier post of yours, you were saying how small and light your clip is. Well mister, mine is smaller and lighter than yours, and the girls love it lol! Yours... an obese 24.09 grams. Mine... a feathery 15.876 grams. I'm not really sure how you manage to lug around all of those extra grams!
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #2,196 of 8,352
Quote:

Cool! Nice work :)

Btw, I thought that you got the Clip Zip (like me), but I didn't recognize the clip in your photo, and now I realize that you got the Clip +. In an earlier post of yours, you were saying how small and light your clip is. Well mister, mine is smaller and lighter than yours, and the girls love it lol! Yours... an obese 24.09 grams. Mine... a feathery 15.876 grams. I'm not really sure how you manage to lug around all of those extra grams!
wink_face.gif

I don't know about the weight of them, but I really wouldn't call the Zip smaller than the Clip+.......the Zip is a little longer and wider but the Clip+ is a tad bit thicker. The first screenshot there is in original firmware, of course.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #2,197 of 8,352
Oct 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2,202 of 8,352
Just got mine today, did a few frequency sweeps and they match up well with the graphs in the op.  Bass is just lovely, and it doesnt swallow up the rest of the music when it hits.  I'm literaly laughing in awe at how good these phones sound as i type this.  I do agree that upper mids seem a little far away, but they arent so recessed I miss them.  This is exactly what i was looking for in a portable; powerful, fun, easily driven by my clip+ and they look damn good plus they're affordable.  I dont bring portables along with me because so I can analyze my music. I want my portable to be almost basshead status without giving up too much so that I have fun listening to it and can share some sick electronica track with a friend.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #2,203 of 8,352
Quote:
I don't know about the weight of them, but I really wouldn't call the Zip smaller than the Clip+.......the Zip is a little longer and wider but the Clip+ is a tad bit thicker. The first screenshot there is in original firmware, of course.

I stand corrected! Thanks for those images. So, mine is thicker than Doc's. I can live with that :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #2,204 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi guys, my first post on head-fi. Im going to hong kong in a few weeks. Im wondering whether these are available in hong kong and how much they retail for? Than

Welcome to Headfi. I did a quick search on ebay to see if there was any Hong Kong Vendors it seems these are all being sold out of Japan. So as of now I think these are a Japan only item.

Just got mine today, did a few frequency sweeps and they match up well with the graphs in the op.  Bass is just lovely, and it doesnt swallow up the rest of the music when it hits.  I'm literaly laughing in awe at how good these phones sound as i type this.  I do agree that upper mids seem a little far away, but they arent so recessed I miss them.  This is exactly what i was looking for in a portable; powerful, fun, easily driven by my clip+ and they look damn good plus they're affordable.  I dont bring portables along with me because so I can analyze my music. I want my portable to be almost basshead status without giving up too much so that I have fun listening to it and can share some sick electronica track with a friend.

Ya you do this and your friend is gonna order one. lol. That is how we roll on this thread. We spread the love.

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #2,205 of 8,352
Quote:

I stand corrected! Thanks for those images. So, mine is thicker than Doc's. I can live with that :)

Perhaps the ladies will approve....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back