The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Oct 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #2,044 of 8,352
penmarker said:
 "Aehaheh... Good news everyone! I've come up with a way to use space age superstrong material ,that is still in active research to explore their potential, as material for a headphone driver."

I'm waiting for someone to make earbuds out of thus stuff...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_nanobud

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #2,046 of 8,352
hmmmmm ericp's new discovery looks really promising, from your initial impressions it seems like it's the ideal basshead IEM for audiophiles. That BAM tech thing is really interesting as well. Keep us updated ericp, really wanna hear more about these. Though they are not as sexy looking as these JVC FXD series.
biggrin.gif

@"..............................................................Nano-Clip+Party 2012......................................................."

Oh hey Dsnuts and peps that are interested in the nano-cliparty as doc would say it, how are we gonna implement it exactly??? We can't just share youtube clips and just listen with our S500s, cuz then the whole idea of the clip player part is left out. Nor does it make sense to just listen to our own music with our clip+S500 setup cuz then you get no group synergy/ participation. 

Well I kinda thought about it, and came up with some ideas. A person that has the skills/ knowledge on how to make a free public/ private (whichever works best) group account on sharebeast/ mediafire, etc for all of us to upload our mp3 files. Then we can all upload like a couple of our favorite songs that we love listening to with our S500s into this shared folder. After the tracklist is made and all of the files are uploaded, we can then download it and put it into our clips/ mp3 players (for others that don't have the clip but do have the S500s and wants to join out nano-cliparty).

The last part is to set up a date and time that is convenient for most for this event.  We all could discuss/ chat on this thread or in a newly created thread labeled "Nano-Clip+Party 2012" or something along those lines. This way we can all listen to the same tracklisted songs with our S500s at the same time which makes discussion/ participation much better. Just my 2 cents. Anyone care to share some more input???  

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #2,048 of 8,352
Sorry to derail the thread, but does anyone know a thread focised on cd japan? I am losing my money because they keep taking chqrging mu debit card. I only bought the ckm500a there, and now I lost over $200

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #2,049 of 8,352
Quote:
Sorry to derail the thread, but does anyone know a thread focised on cd japan? I am losing my money because they keep taking chqrging mu debit card. I only bought the ckm500a there, and now I lost over $200

You gotta contact your card carrier or your bank and have them put a stop to all transactions. That don't sound right. There are many a guys that bought stuff from them. But first thing first call your bank and have them put a stop on all payments.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,050 of 8,352
You gotta contact your card carrier or your bank and have them put a stop to all transactions. That don't sound right. There are many a guys that bought stuff from them. But first thing first call your bank and have them put a stop on all payments.

I did, anf contactedf walmart
They said ot was a japanese company, and that i boughy an iphone cover, but i would not buy such a thing like that.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2,051 of 8,352
I've pretty much stayed away from this site for two years or so - I'm into big a** speakers like Infinity RS 2.5s and B&W 801s now - and twenty minutes later I have a pair of headphones coming from Japan and I'm out $79. Thanks guys!

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,053 of 8,352
Sure I would start out with JVCs

FX40= $21
FXD60=$65
FXD70=$90
FXD80=$110   Try out a FX40. Fantastic but requires 200 hours of serious burn in.

Ah, but are earbuds made with carbon nanoBUDS? :wink: Sorry, I thought I would just post a silly (and subtle) one above when I saw that carbon nanobuds exist. Having said that, I didn't realize that jvc was making iems with nanotubes, so thanks for educating me!

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #2,054 of 8,352
I've pretty much stayed away from this site for two years or so - I'm into big a** speakers like Infinity RS 2.5s and B&W 801s now - and twenty minutes later I have a pair of headphones coming from Japan and I'm out $79. Thanks guys!

Stick around a couple of days you won't have anymore money to spend so you won't have that problem.

6a00d83451da3169e2015436733146970c-pi

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,055 of 8,352
Quote:

I have lusted for Infinity RS 2.5s ever since I heard a really well set up pair at audio fair in Milan, Italy , way back in 1979. The "cookoo clock" appearence of those EMIM midrange drivers while playing hotter parts of Telarc's recording of Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain is a lasting memory. Please let us know how HA-S500s ( after a leeeeenghty burn-in they neeed so badly ...) stack up to RS 2.5s - it has been decades since I heard RS2.5s now, but I think they should sound pretty similar -  if the RS2.5s have enough juice feeding them and enough place to develop in all their majesty. RS2.5s are one of the top three speakers ever produced by Infinity - out of the contenders for the throne within that brand in period it did build serious speakers, the only one  I never had a chance to audition is the Servo Statik 1.

You should find HA-S500 a real treat - believe me, you will never regret spending those $ 79. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back