The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #7,996 of 8,352

How would that work with these headphones? Each driver has wires coming from them... 

sorry, my bad :\

you can fit a female rca jack on each earcap
like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Gold-Phono-RCA-female-jack-nut-bulkhead-deck-clip-solder-CHASSIS-PCB-PANEL-/321098014249

and plug it with a 3.5 to rca

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #7,997 of 8,352
I recently got these, i ordered some when i realized that i lost my iems; along with when i ordered my HA-500s. Needless to say these came in earlier than the HA-500s(importing). I broke these in while waiting for my HA-500s to arrive from japan and i have to say these IEMS gave me faith in IEMs, i never considered paying more than 50+$ on iems because i am not a major fan of them from a comfort point but they do stay in when i am Skateboarding and i dont have to worry about breaking them at their price point. Man o man do they exceed everything i was expecting them to do so i went here to see if there was a thread and lone and behold they are here...I couldnt be happier with what JVC is doing to the Headphone Game and the approach they are taking is flawless IMO they are out there and the competition better fell the heat. The HA-500s are exceptional as well Grade A+ products now all i have to do is make sure all my audio files are tip top.

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #7,998 of 8,352
  I recently got these, i ordered some when i realized that i lost my iems; along with when i ordered my HA-500s. Needless to say these came in earlier than the HA-500s(importing). I broke these in while waiting for my HA-500s to arrive from japan and i have to say these IEMS gave me faith in IEMs, i never considered paying more than 50+$ on iems because i am not a major fan of them from a comfort point but they do stay in when i am Skateboarding and i dont have to worry about breaking them at their price point. Man o man do they exceed everything i was expecting them to do so i went here to see if there was a thread and lone and behold they are here...I couldnt be happier with what JVC is doing to the Headphone Game and the approach they are taking is flawless IMO they are out there and the competition better fell the heat. The HA-500s are exceptional as well Grade A+ products now all i have to do is make sure all my audio files are tip top.

Which IEMs are you referring to?

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #7,999 of 8,352
Originally Posted by Grayson73

Which IEMs are you referring to?

FX-40s, i got them for 18$ i heard they were budget priced but "big money" sound. I had Skull Candy cheapy iems because i got a "Christmas wishlist" giftcard from a website(CCS) and i had like 15ish $ left over from the Giftcard so i popped in those budget iems...I broke them snowboarding so i saw these FX-40s and since they were shipped domestically they arrived in a couple days...(vs the 4 weeks the HA-S500s which was to be expected) i also picked up some Fx-101s for my sister and i was also surprised at how they performed at the price point since shes a teen i figured she would appreciate some bassy iems for her music tastes.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #8,000 of 8,352
Fx40s are bassy iems too... Ultra V shaped sound

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #8,001 of 8,352
Anybody happen to know if there's been a review/comparison between these and the HA-S680's? I'm really leaning towards these unless the benefit from the 680's are really that great. 

Also wanted to know if an ipod is strong enough to drive these as that's my main device for listening.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #8,002 of 8,352
Anybody happen to know if there's been a review/comparison between these and the HA-S680's? I'm really leaning towards these unless the benefit from the 680's are really that great. 

Also wanted to know if an ipod is strong enough to drive these as that's my main device for listening.
You would be better off asking that question in the S680 thread, and yes your iPod has enough power to drive the S500's.

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #8,005 of 8,352
The S500s have been in my collection almost since they were available. They put a halt in my HP purchases since they did everything so well cept the stage. The funny thing is that these are <$50 "PORTABLES". the only other HP I've heard that was close was a Philips that still cost more but wasn't quite as detailed. I own a few other full sized HPs that are better in some regards but still cost way more than the 500s. The 500s are still some of the best sounds for the money. Can anyone make a better <$50 suggestion?

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #8,006 of 8,352
Hey guys,

What do I need to do to mod my S500's so I can put the HM5 Pads on them? Can't seem to find the answer so I figured someone here would know :wink: 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #8,008 of 8,352

Hey guys,

What do I need to do to mod my S500's so I can put the HM5 Pads on them? Can't seem to find the answer so I figured someone here would know
wink.gif

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Alls you need are dem rings.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-jvc-ha-s500-appreciation-fan-thread/4095#

Thank you sir!! 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #8,009 of 8,352
Any ideas where I can get some of the rubber O rings?? 

Would these work being 1/2 inch thick or should I shoot for something not so thick?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FN0VCY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back