The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Sep 19, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #1,351 of 8,352
Quote:
*Newb Alert*
Coming in late on this one... can someone help me out?
1. Simply for music, most likely straight from an iPod, would you recommend the S400 or the S500? Also, does anyone have any experience with the current eBay suppliers since the one previously mentioned "ace of bicycle" is not currently supplying them.
Help greatly appreciated.

I bought mine from Amazon, from seller  Aoyama & co

Also bought my FXD80,   no problems at all.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #1,352 of 8,352
There's no cutting out with the included USB cable, but I've got a drawer full of cables so I can certainly try out some others.

Oh, and I ordered the ATH pleathers. Will the S500 accessorizing ever end?
dt880smile.png

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #1,353 of 8,352
Quote:
There's no cutting out with the included USB cable, but I've got a drawer full of cables so I can certainly try out some others.

Oh, and I ordered the ATH pleathers. Will the S500 accessorizing ever end?
dt880smile.png

tongue_smile.gif

I am telling guys, these things are Divas or ...... if you want, just change the pads and she will be whatever you want.

Its like another headphone with the ATH pads.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,354 of 8,352
I think you will be very happy. As I am with this sound. I can't imagine the HA-S500 sounding any better than I am hearing them now. It is unbelievable. Especially vocals. Come in so clear with every single bit of emotion. Just astonishing. But the velours do a great job too. I will back up Danny Bais statement of how all these pads sounding great. The reasoning is. The HA-S500 has to sound great first.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #1,355 of 8,352
Dang this thread went nuts since last night.  I couldn't resist and ended up buying the ATH leather.  I listened to the ATH velours for awhile last night and definitely liked the sound.  I think it's my favorite of the three.  

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #1,356 of 8,352
I bought mine from Amazon, from seller  Aoyama & co

Also bought my FXD80,   no problems at all.

Ok thanks, how was the delivery speed?

I think you will be very happy. As I am with this sound. I can't imagine the HA-S500 sounding any better than I am hearing them now. It is unbelievable. Especially vocals. Come in so clear with every single bit of emotion. Just astonishing. But the velours do a great job too. I will back up Danny Bais statement of how all these pads sounding great. The reasoning is. The HA-S500 has to sound great first.

Sorry but I can't work out if this is directed at me or not? If not, please excuse my incompetence :p

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #1,357 of 8,352
I have already ordered two sets froms cutes ebay link but just saw this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Ear-Cushion-Pads-4-Audio-Technica-ATH-SJ3-ATH-SJ5-Headphones-/270978999878?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D2162888076965937384%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26

way cheaper maybe worth a try.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #1,358 of 8,352
Quote:
Sorry but I can't work out if this is directed at me or not? If not, please excuse my incompetence
tongue.gif

i paid extra for fast delivery.... fast.

Sep 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #1,359 of 8,352
THAT'S IT!!!! I cant stand it anymore. DSNUTS you have pushed me to this point. It is something I did not want to do but it is not too late. I have drafted the official rules for the JVCHA S500 WITH HD 25 PLEATHER PADS FAN CLUB below. Either you or someone on here tries them out and gives them some props or I am making the following thread and taking this on my own. (and don't tell me they prolly sound like the velours cuz that's impossible)

If I don't get some recognition for these babies soon this thread will loose all of its followers for this new prestigious club. The text will read as follows:

(its all in fun guys :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE "JVC HA S500 WITH HD 25 PLEATHER PADS INTERNATIONAL FAN CLUB. (or JVCHD25PP for short)

Our current international membership: 1 (me)

First you need to take a look at one of my favorite threads started by DSNUTS:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-40mm-carbon-nanotubes

IMHO when you add the HD25 pleather pads to the S500, you create out of a 75 dollar purchase a headphone that competes with headphones in the 300 price range. Ill edit this and link to several of my comarison posts but in a nutshell, these things sound great stock. They sound even better with a variety of pad combinations. But the one I am in love with is the above. To me this somehow takes this somewhat V shaped sound and brings the lower mids and mids out to present a spectacularlly balanced sound for 75 dollars. See my posts on DSNUTS's thread.

If you haven't pressed the back button by now on your browser already you need to take the following steps to join the club:

1. Get a pair of these great cans from Amazon. I personally got mine from "Made in Japan Online" and they shipped them express mail and were it not for slow customs i would have had them in 3 days (took 6 total).

2. Do a little burning to loosen up the carbon nanotube material the drivers are made of.

3. Order AUTHENTIC HD25 Sennheiser PLEATHER pads and put them on and BAM! you are a member.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,361 of 8,352
^ MOD ALERT! MOD ALERT! We have a HD 25 PLEATHER fanatic on the loose!!! 

I'll join you'll pad crazies someday when I get me a extra pair of S500s, but for now my stupid pad on pad is sounding too stupid nice right now to be messing around with..... but damn these S500s are RIDICULOUS_NESS!!! 

@jwong

Was about to ask Da Doc where to get them HD 25 PLEATHER's, good looking out. Not sure if the ones you linked are the same as the originals though. Any inputs Doc??? 

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,362 of 8,352
Quote:
Sorry but I can't work out if this is directed at me or not? If not, please excuse my incompetence
tongue.gif

Quote:

i paid extra for fast delivery.... fast.

I bought mine from them and did not pay extra for delivery...and it still got to Michigan in about a week and a half.

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,363 of 8,352
Those Sennheiser pleathers are only $11.99 at B&H (plus $3.99 shipping). Are those the ones? Hard to tell without a pic of the pads themselves, but seems like it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/357361-REG/Sennheiser_075527_H_75527_Ear_Cushions.html

Should be the very same. I got the adidas blue for the hd25-1 II but they all take the same size pad so should be it.

^ MOD ALERT! MOD ALERT! We have a HD 25 PLEATHER fanatic on the loose!!! 

I'll join you'll pad crazies someday when I get me a extra pair of S500s, but for now my stupid pad on pad is sounding too stupid nice right now to be messing around with..... but damn these S500s are RIDICULOUS_NESS!!! 

@jwong

Was about to ask Da Doc where to get them HD 25 PLEATHER's, good looking out. Not sure if the ones you linked are the same as the originals though. Any inputs Doc??? 

Great hope to see you in "the club" soon. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That link from B&H is a good bet. Or this guy who costs more.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ear-pads-SENNHEISER-HD25-HD25SP-HD-25-1-SP-II-Cushions-/200750293855

This is where i got mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sennheiser-Official-HD25-1-ii-Adidas-Originals-Blue-Earpads-and-Headband-Pads-/251084581758?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item3a75ceab7e

I offered him 32 and he took the offer.

I hope to at least double the INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP by the end of the week :flushed:

Sep 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #1,365 of 8,352
Quote:
Interesting... so JVC announced today that the S400's will be for sale in the US in October for $39.95, which is great news. But instead of the S500's, they are showing the SR-500 for $49.95.

Still only 30mm drivers, so not the same. Wonder if the S500s are coming or not?

http://newsroom.jvc.com/category/news-blog/

Those pads...they look WAY different. Judging by this thread, even if they use the same drivers, those pads are going to make them sound a good bit different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back