The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #7,711 of 8,352
Long time lurker of Head-Fi. After checking out this thread, I ended up purchasing a pair from Amazon. Now...the waiting game. It's funny, I'm already a fan before even hearing them. That's bad, lol. Plus, I love getting exclusive stuff from Japan. I feel awesome having something most other people don't know about :D
Welcome to the Club!
They are a great portable headphone, I hope you ordered the Gun Metallic ones... :D

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #7,712 of 8,352
Welcome to the Club!
They are a great portable headphone, I hope you ordered the Gun Metallic ones...
biggrin.gif

I got the Gun Metallic ones :D. After I read that the black ones can chip, I went for the Gun Metallic

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #7,714 of 8,352
  I got the Gun Metallic ones :D. After I read that the black ones can chip, I went for the Gun Metallic

There's 3 very important rules you have to follow if you're going to own the gun metallic S500.

• Never feed it after midnight.
  • You have to give it a name, and it's a she so you have to give it a girl's name.
  • This is the biggie. Never neglect her, even if you get new headphones.

Trust me on this. Why do you think the gun metallic S500 never chip? The owners of the gun metallic S500 are cursed with these 3 rules and must abide by them for life or else! And welcome to the club 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #7,715 of 8,352
  There's 3 very important rules you have to follow if you're going to own the gun metallic S500.

• You have to give it a name, and it's a she so you have to give it a girl's name.

Trust me on this. Why do you think the gun metallic S500 never chip? The owners of the gun metallic S500 are cursed with these 3 rules and must abide by them for life or else! And welcome to the club 
very_evil_smiley.gif

^DA TRUFF RITE DER!!

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #7,719 of 8,352
Nov 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #7,720 of 8,352
Nov 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #7,722 of 8,352
But.. Why
frown.gif
the black ones are cooler

Anyway, hope you like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! Actually, the seller I purchased from sold out right after I bought them... waiting for refund. I bought it from an Amazon merchant. So, I'll probably buy it from the eBay seller that was listed somewhere in this thread. I hate waiting for the refund..even more waiting!!

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #7,723 of 8,352

very_evil_smiley.gif

I'll remember those, thanks :D

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #7,724 of 8,352
I just got these today and i just tried them on right out the box. What i first realized is that the bass on these things are too overwhelming for me. i read that after a break in the bass starts to decrease which i hope it does. anyone else notice the overwhelming bass on these?

Nov 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #7,725 of 8,352
  I just got these today and i just tried them on right out the box. What i first realized is that the bass on these things are too overwhelming for me. i read that after a break in the bass starts to decrease which i hope it does. anyone else notice the overwhelming bass on these?

Yup. You might want to consider getting different pads which reduce the bass somewhat and also make them more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back