The JVC HA-S500 thread.
Nov 8, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #2,881 of 8,352
[/quote]
These headphones are perfect for alternative music. The Red Hot Chili Peppers sound great to me. I'm mainly a metal guy, but alternative sounds WAY better than metal in these so far. I assume that's because they aren't fully burnt in yet, I feel as if metal is the last thing to sound great during the burn in process. Linkin Park sounds insane! I was listening to In the End and I can't believe how good it sounds.

And this is with ath pleathers? Thanks for your help, really useful.
Yes, these phones are "fun" and they handle fun music very well.  That being said, mainstream music (no offense, i find it catchy too), rap/hip-hop, electronica, techno and the like just shine on the S500.  Im currently jamming out to Rustie and Lupe Fiasco pretty regularly.  

Thanks for the info!

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #2,883 of 8,352
Quote:
I can't sell them, then I will REALLY get banned from the S500 thread.

haha guess ownership is your last saving grace.
tongue_smile.gif
Oh hey, I noticed that you are putting your S400s up for trade, interested in some superluxes???

I need to get banned from that superlux thread quick, and it looks like you just might be the man for the job. LoL

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #2,884 of 8,352
haha guess ownership is your last saving grace. :tongue_smile: Oh hey, I noticed that you are putting your S400s up for trade, interested in some superluxes???

I need to get banned from that superlux thread quick, and it looks like you just might be the man for the job. LoL

Yea send me a PM this weekend. I have a girl at work who I was going to demo them to. If doesn't want em, sure.

Nov 8, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #2,885 of 8,352
Quote:
Yea send me a PM this weekend. I have a girl at work who I was going to demo them to. If doesn't want em, sure.

LoL, you don't even know which superluxes I have and you already said yes??? Hate them S400s that much i jokes, i jokes. Cools think you are gonna have a blast modding them, since it seems like a modders dream can. I'll give you a PM later this week then.
beerchug.gif
But I have this nagging feeling this one is gonna slip by me as well. LMAO

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #2,887 of 8,352
Quote:
How do these compare with the Aiaiai TMA-1s? The price isn't far off and I've heard good things about them but I like that these fold and you folks seem to rave about them.

+ 1, those Aiaiai seems like interesting headphones. It was after seeing pics of these damn things that got me interested in headphones. LoL

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #2,888 of 8,352
Hi guys, I am new to head fi and I was recently eyeing the jvc ha s500.. However they're not available for retail in my country and I didn't have a chance to demo them. I went down to the local Jaben today and tried out ath m50s. I LOVED its signature and clarity/ neutral response. So that made me hesitate to pull the trigger on these guys. I know a lot of you think that this outshines the m50s, but can any of you enlighten me as to what's their specific differences(between stock m50s and s500s with the popular ath pleathers)? If this can outshines it in detail, clarity and soundstage, I will gladly pull the trigger wo hesitation.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #2,890 of 8,352
Quote:
Hi guys, I am new to head fi and I was recently eyeing the jvc ha s500.. However they're not available for retail in my country and I didn't have a chance to demo them. I went down to the local Jaben today and tried out ath m50s. I LOVED its signature and clarity/ neutral response. So that made me hesitate to pull the trigger on these guys. I know a lot of you think that this outshines the m50s, but can any of you enlighten me as to what's their specific differences(between stock m50s and s500s with the popular ath pleathers)? If this can outshines it in detail, clarity and soundstage, I will gladly pull the trigger wo hesitation.

hard to tell, its personal preference.
You wont go wrong with the M50 , so if you can pick them up localy at a fair price, buy them.

I sold my M50 no because it sounded worst o better, i sold it cause there was a coworker that read alot about those M50 (one of the most, if not the most recomended phone), and he paid me $150, so why not? i like the S500 and its 50% cheaper. so it was a no brainer for me.   i dont miss the M50, heck. i dont even care about them, the phone that i miss and regret selling is the XB500, not because of the SQ, but just because of the fun of something pounding your head with crazy bass
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #2,891 of 8,352
Quote:

You don't sound like a person who likes bass and fun sounding headphones so you should not buy the S500. 
No bass headphones like the M50 or Sennheisers or Shure is more your style

I sold my M50 a while ago because the bass was lacking and it struggled with hiphop, dubstep, and other bassy music.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #2,892 of 8,352
You don't sound like a person who likes bass and fun sounding headphones so you should not buy the S500. 
No bass headphones like the M50 or Sennheisers or Shure is more your style

I sold my M50 a while ago because the bass was lacking and it struggled with hiphop, dubstep, and other bassy music.

Don't get me wrong. I love my bass tight and punchy:). But I guess it's just the detail the m50 has that has got me hooked.. I'm just in this dilemma because these cans are soo cheap and with a pad mod, can open up the highs and mids so much so that people claim it demolishes the m50.

Hmm.. Should I just pull the trigger on this? Maybe I'll give it to my brother as an Xmas present if I'm not satisfied. Lol:D

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #2,895 of 8,352
I believe I found that quote here www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-40mm-carbon-nanotubes/1410

By cashnotcredit..

Maybe I'm not a bass head after all. After demo ing akg k550s I still felt the m50s outshone them. Same goes for the hd25-iis.

Btw, this is really a fantastic forum! I just joined after staying anonymous for a few weeks, and I can really see that people are really helpful here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back