The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Dec 25, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #2,416 of 3,535
As for the warranty, I've read (on other pages here) it only applies if you're in Japan.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #2,417 of 3,535
Are all seller fulfilled by Amazon JP? How do i know they are certified?

Fulfilled by amazon.ca, so for the first month is covered by Amazon customer service and is really the best thing you can ask. Paid mine 320 cad shipping included.

Dec 25, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #2,419 of 3,535

I think he's specifically looking for the spiral dot tips that comes with the 1100's.  

Yeah that's what I meant to say.  I have other tips from other brands that fit but do not keep the same sound signature so that's why I am looking into these new tip sizes for spiral dots as I have not used the fx850 as much recently due to my fit issues.

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #2,420 of 3,535
(P.S. Agreed with the edgy treble of the K3003 on a treble filter, there was once i tried it on without filter out of curiosity via my former Hisoundaudio Studio-V 3rd ANV. Oh boy never am i gonna try that again... if ear-piercing treble is the holy grail then the filter-less K3003 is probably the Chuck Norris of Sibilance) :cool:

Such a shame though. With the high boost it sounds better. But sibilance is to me a huge no-no.

Btw where's the best place to get them (online or offline) in Singapore?

Dec 25, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2,421 of 3,535
Speaking of tips, there was some discussion here a few pages back on Spinfit tips, and how they`re available in Japan.   I think I described how awesome they are, especially for a heavier iem like the 850.  I am using them on all my iems now.  I sent a couple of packages of them to some headfiers who can`t locate them in their areas.  They go for about usd7 for a set of 4 tips (2 pairs) in Tokyo.   

Anyway, I`m now in Bangkok for a few weeks and went into a shop yesterday that specializes in high end headhphones, and take a look at what they were unpacking on the counter : 

The suprising thing for me was not the amount of Spinfit tips they had, but their asking price:  440 Thai baht for 2 tips (1 pair), which is thirteen US dollars ! 

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #2,422 of 3,535
  Speaking of tips, there was some discussion here a few pages back on Spinfit tips, and how they`re available in Japan.   I think I described how awesome they are, especially for a heavier iem like the 850.  I am using them on all my iems now.  I sent a couple of packages of them to some headfiers who can`t locate them in their areas.  They go for about usd7 for a set of 4 tips (2 pairs) in Tokyo.   

Anyway, I`m now in Bangkok for a few weeks and went into a shop yesterday that specializes in high end headhphones, and take a look at what they were unpacking on the counter : 

The suprising thing for me was not the amount of Spinfit tips they had, but their asking price:  440 Thai baht for 2 tips (1 pair), which is thirteen US dollars ! 

Wow, that's insanely expensive.

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2,423 of 3,535
  Hey guys, where do you guys bought this IEM from? Amazon JP by third party seller? Will they provide the 1 year warranty like jvc did??

That's what I did.  I would make sure they're a reputable seller (significant amount of feedback, basically all positive).  Realistically, I know warranty service is a toss up.  They usually state they will handle the 1 year warranty, but will they?  Who knows.

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #2,424 of 3,535
6e81e9acd625df2eecb8bd5dfe10da4e.jpg

I'm assuming you're looking for the 850 and your buying in the US. If so, I see it listed right now.

Well I'm Actually buying from Amazon JP itself since I'm located in SEA. 
biggrin.gif

Fulfilled by amazon.ca, so for the first month is covered by Amazon customer service and is really the best thing you can ask. Paid mine 320 cad shipping included.

That's a relieve to hear, I have always heard of Amazon have high reputation among their fellow customer.

That's what I did.  I would make sure they're a reputable seller (significant amount of feedback, basically all positive).  Realistically, I know warranty service is a toss up.  They usually state they will handle the 1 year warranty, but will they?  Who knows.

Well I believe Japan would take care of it as their culture have always place customer their first priority. Just wondering can we use any MMCX cable that is from Shure to the Fx850? Saw some earlier about someone having the wire connector stuck on the driver (Not sure is it mochill or someone else) .

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #2,425 of 3,535
  Welcome to the club! Now that's one more fellow Singaporean here with us. @james444 would be our guru for all the tinkies winkies on the FX850, tbh i am completely intrigued by his V2 mod. V1 was meh, probably because i didn't think that was crazy enough- until he floored me with the V2 Mod.

(if only i have the legendary disney straw to try out the mod
ph34r.gif
)

Nevermind the Disney straws, they're overpriced and made from the cheapest / crappiest material imaginable. I've since switched to more readily available straws that work equally well.

Turns out the v2 mod is a pretty easy one as well. Pictures have already been taken, will post instructions soon.
  Just wondering can we use any MMCX cable that is from Shure to the Fx850? Saw some earlier about someone having the wire connector stuck on the driver (Not sure is it mochill or someone else) .

I'm using an aftermarket Shure replacement cable on my FX850 without problems.

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #2,426 of 3,535

Wow, that's insanely expensive.

Where to buy these tips in US?

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #2,427 of 3,535
Just not got fx850, initial impression is..............not impressed 
blink.gif

nothing for me to be excited about, bass are good, but I feel IE800 is much better. Currently burning them for next two days, will try again after that.

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #2,429 of 3,535
Are there any fake Fx850 out there?

Not sure, I got from Amazon from this seller Ace Japan.

this seller has good rating, should be genuine. I was using IE800 extensively from past one week. Probably need to take two days break and try JVC one's.  

Dec 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #2,430 of 3,535
Not sure, I got from Amazon from this seller Ace Japan.

this seller has good rating, should be genuine. I was using IE800 extensively from past one week. Probably need to take two days break and try JVC one's.  

You getting it from Amazon jp and using forwarding service or one of those seller on Amazon us? I am on the fence between these and ie80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back