The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #586 of 3,535
Hi Guys,

Just wondering how well FX 850 hold its own compared to the Ocharaku Kaede?
Both woodies and have different sound signatures. I know i am asking appleand orange :)

Thanks!

I do own both and it is a difficult question to answer with certainty as both are superb instruments...

On certain types of music, the Kaede presents a more lifelike and immersive listening experience, but as an all-arounder, the FX850 would probably be the better choice as it is somewhat more tolerant of less than perfect recordings and a variety of mid-fi sources. The Kaede is lighter in weight and is more comfortable for long listening sessions. I also notice more improvement in sound with the Kaede with my DX90 than I do with the 850 in comparison using my DX50.

I suppose I could liken this to discussing the differences between an Audi and BMW!

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #590 of 3,535
Thank you.
Now will try to look into the cheapest option to buy these babies!

I do own both and it is a difficult question to answer with certainty as both are superb instruments...

On certain types of music, the Kaede presents a more lifelike and immersive listening experience, but as an all-arounder, the FX850 would probably be the better choice as it is somewhat more tolerant of less than perfect recordings and a variety of mid-fi sources. The Kaede is lighter in weight and is more comfortable for long listening sessions. I also notice more improvement in sound with the Kaede with my DX90 than I do with the 850 in comparison using my DX50.

I suppose I could liken this to discussing the differences between an Audi and BMW!

Apr 25, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #591 of 3,535
"Courier is attempting delivery"

Music to my eyes. Looks like I'll have a woodie filled weekend. :D

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #593 of 3,535
so many owners of HA-850 and still there is no front photo of them .Thats a shame 
people come on make some front  photos at least of you ears 

Ok. There you go. Just auditioned it and order placed. Just note that I have small ears with a rather narrow ear canal. Selfie 850 with stock small tips. Hope this helps.

[/IMG]

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #596 of 3,535

On the shipping and cost end, Tenso has so far impressed. My order is only a few days old at this point. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #599 of 3,535
cool thx for your pics . doesnt look so big at all .) Does FX850 have  differents sound over the ear ?

No problem, just glad i can contribute in sone ways for this thread.

There were some minute differences I notice wearing over ears. Guess it give me a better fit due to the anatomy of my ear. The overall sound just sound fuller and highs were smoother.

Was worried when I first look at it and thought it might just be like the TF10 which can never properly fit me but it turns out well. My thoughts that having the cable connector somewhere in the middle of the housing seems to help even out the weight and helps the fit. Unlike the TF10 which have the cable connectors at the end of housing pulling down on it or the cable being a little further away to make a proper loop wearing over ear. But ymmv as I have small ears with a narrow canal. Hopes this gives you a better idea.

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #600 of 3,535
No problem, just glad i can contribute in sone ways for this thread.

There were some minute differences I notice wearing over ears. Guess it give me a better fit due to the anatomy of my ear. The overall sound just sound fuller and highs were smoother.

Was worried when I first look at it and thought it might just be like the TF10 which can never properly fit me but it turns out well. My thoughts that having the cable connector somewhere in the middle of the housing seems to help even out the weight and helps the fit. Unlike the TF10 which have the cable connectors at the end of housing pulling down on it or the cable being a little further away to make a proper loop wearing over ear. But ymmv as I have small ears with a narrow canal. Hopes this gives you a better idea.
I was thinking of upgrading from tf10 to these, how would you compare the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back