The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #376 of 3,535

Are these the same ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-pcs-B-4sz-Comfort-Replacement-Eartips-Earbuds-for-JVC-In-Ear-Earphones-/321283434765?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4acdfc290d

They do not list the 850 as a model number, but maybe they are the same across the JVC line.

These are not the same as the ones included with FX850, but they will fit.

Mar 30, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #377 of 3,535
I normally use the Sony hybrid tips for all of my large-bore IEM's but in comparing them with the stock FX850 large silicons, I find that the FX tips sound better and provide a more comfortable and secure seal.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #380 of 3,535

Yes, I would like to know how it compares also...although I doubt I could ever pay the price of the 1plus2 for any earbuds. Here's hoping the JVCs at least come very close.

While the JVCs are very good for their price, listening to both side by side the differences are quite apparent. The JVCs are bass heavy and mask detail next to the 1Plus2 (the 1Plus2 has greater separation, imaging, clarity). The 1Plus2s bass goes deeper and is much more controlled and of higher quality. The 1Plus2 has greater extension from top to bottom. Both these IEMs have a big sound staging with the 1Plus2 having a more out of head one though. The JVC seems to surround you more. The JVCs are more of a fun IEM while the 1Plus2 is more analytical. I happen to enjoy both very much. But these JVC tips really did improve the 1Plus2s sound for me by a nice margin. I stayed up late listen to them yesterday with the S-mod :). However with the JVCs pricing I think they hit rather high in terms of technicality. There is a good balance between technicality and fun without going over the top. At $300+ I think they are very much worth the price.

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #381 of 3,535
I just discovered that I may have been wearing these wrong (for my ears at least) this entire time. I had been doing relatively shallow insertion with the housing relatively parallel to my ears (cables over the ears), but just now I found out that if I have them inserted deeper with the housings virtually perpendicular to my ears, the sound is completely different. I'm inclined to believe that the latter method is the intended sound signature because the isolation increased dramatically (I used to be able to hear my mouse clicks clearly with no music playing, but now it's barely audible).

Seems like with this insertion method, smaller tips work better for me (currently using the stock small tips). I feel like the bass in bass-heavy tracks is now making my head vibrate.

The odd thing is that I was actually happy with how they sounded with shallow insertion, but after hearing what it sounds like a good seal, I'm not sure I can go back. It was more comfortable with shallow insertion though. I think the negative reviews on Amazon.co.jp complained about comfort over prolonged periods of time, and with deep insertion I can see why now.

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #383 of 3,535

While the JVCs are very good for their price, listening to both side by side the differences are quite apparent. The JVCs are bass heavy and mask detail next to the 1Plus2 (the 1Plus2 has greater separation, imaging, clarity). The 1Plus2s bass goes deeper and is much more controlled and of higher quality. The 1Plus2 has greater extension from top to bottom. Both these IEMs have a big sound staging with the 1Plus2 having a more out of head one though. The JVC seems to surround you more. The JVCs are more of a fun IEM while the 1Plus2 is more analytical. I happen to enjoy both very much. But these JVC tips really did improve the 1Plus2s sound for me by a nice margin. I stayed up late listen to them yesterday with the S-mod :). However with the JVCs pricing I think they hit rather high in terms of technicality. There is a good balance between technicality and fun without going over the top. At $300+ I think they are very much worth the price.

I'd sell the 1P2 to resolve this problem, then would would appreciate the JVC's even more.   Besides, with the $$ you get from selling the 1P2 you could buy a couple more JVC's or get them to make you a custom, waterproof one for when you go surfing!!!!LOL!!
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #384 of 3,535
arrived a few days ago, in perfect condition.
no problem with this seller.
now my ears are having an orgasm
ksc75smile.gif

Report back on your satisfaction with that seller, if you would... I noticed them when I was looking at the 650s, but am always leery of sellers with such little feedback.

I ordered through Likewin Japan Export Store (410$) on Amazon.com, delivery estimate March 27 - April 11
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #385 of 3,535

Just curious as to how many hours you have on the JVC's? Some folks on this thread have said the bass gets more in balance with the rest of the sound after a break-in of 100 hours or so.

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #387 of 3,535
 Just got these and they sound great out of the box.  I can't wait til they are broken in and sound even better.

Congrats! How are you liking them with metal?

It was made for metal. Been listening to them so much but I need to keep the volume down. My head hurts after several hours of it at high volume.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #389 of 3,535

Just curious as to how many hours you have on the JVC's? Some folks on this thread have said the bass gets more in balance with the rest of the sound after a break-in of 100 hours or so.

I have over a 100 hours on them now and the bass has indeed tightened up. There is good balance between the mids treble and bass. But it is what it is. In comparison to the 1Plus2 the FX850s do mask detail when directly compared and part of it is the heavy bass on them. Actually they are bass heavy compared to the SE5 and Flat 4 Sui also.

Mar 31, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #390 of 3,535

I have over a 100 hours on them now and the bass has indeed tightened up. There is good balance between the mids treble and bass. But it is what it is. In comparison to the 1Plus2 the FX850s do mask detail when directly compared and part of it is the heavy bass on them. Actually they are bass heavy compared to the SE5 and Flat 4 Sui also.

I see. Good to know. I do like a lot of bass presence which is lacking in a lot of headphones, but it needs to be tight or it can be distracting. Maybe I will be happy with these without using my iCAN amp as I find on most headphones I really like having at least some bass boost. I am also going to be trying out the smaller portable Nano iCAN amp, which does have a bass boost also....but of course I can leave it turned off if not needed. Both iCANs also have a soundstage enhancement that also brightens the sound and brings out more details, so that might still be a plus with these JVCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back