The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 28, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #361 of 3,535
These to my ears, have got to be the bargain of the decade. Doing the burn in atm playing a variety of 80s and new wave. They seem slightly rolled off in the highs, but not excessively. This should allow one to wind up the wick, and there will be less fatigue in treble heavy mastering.

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #362 of 3,535
How different are the tips for the triple fi 10s and the ue900?  I ordered a set of ue900 tips and now I'm debating about ordering the triple fi tips.  The usual sony hybrids that work well for most of my other IEM just does not fit right with the FX850.

Mar 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #364 of 3,535
  These to my ears, have got to be the bargain of the decade. Doing the burn in atm playing a variety of 80s and new wave. They seem slightly rolled off in the highs, but not excessively. This should allow one to wind up the wick, and there will be less fatigue in treble heavy mastering.

Treble comes out big time with burn in. I also thought the highs was somewhat subdued on open listen. Wait till you get some burn time with them.. You need some Drum n Bass to really work out them drivers..

I am back from Vegas and it was a fun trip..Didn't gamble much but took in a lot of the newer scenery..Vegas is always a fun place to visit. My FX850 survived the trip and was an excellent performer when the wife wanted to go shopping..

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #365 of 3,535
Drum and Bass is good with the comply tips, but not the foam tips for me. The foam tips seem to EQ all the low sub bass, so it sounds anaemic. With the right comply tip, wow, very fast tight bass with short decay. A little like a fostex th900 bass in an iem.

With the pounding techstep dnb, with the right tips, the imaging is not bad too on some tracks. As the foam tips have a narrow port, do they kill the bass for others, or not?

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #366 of 3,535
  Drum and Bass is good with the comply tips, but not the foam tips for me. The foam tips seem to EQ all the low sub bass, so it sounds anaemic. With the right comply tip, wow, very fast tight bass with short decay. A little like a fostex th900 bass in an iem.

With the pounding techstep dnb, with the right tips, the imaging is not bad too on some tracks. As the foam tips have a narrow port, do they kill the bass for others, or not?

I want!
Anyone listen to ASOT? If so could you give an update on how well these earphones do with the A State of Trance
Curious...

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #368 of 3,535
  I ordered a pair and should have them in a week or so. Someone I trust on here actually compared the soundstage on these to the K1000s.

Wow. I've heard another IEM compared to that headphone before (being the IEM equivalent). The sound stage is indeed massive on the JVC.

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #369 of 3,535
Here are some more quotes from the pm from my friend on here:

"They match the range and impact of my HE6"
"I still feel that they are the overall equal of any phones I have owned. Just amazing."
"The bass is just icing on the cake, as the detail and timbre of the mids and highs are second to none, even matching my Kaede which is regarded as one of the best IEM's to ever come out of Japan. It is no slouch on bass either but the sense of realism that the JVC portrays is something else."

Here I am hyping these headphones and my pair has not even left Japan yet...
redface.gif

But at least I am quoting someone who has actually heard them.

Mar 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #370 of 3,535
  I want!
Anyone listen to ASOT? If so could you give an update on how well these earphones do with the A State of Trance
Curious...

I have 1 Tbyte external drive dedicated for all things ASOT.. The only cans that match the FX850 in trance would be my WS99 but those were more or less made for EDM. Unfortunately the WS99 does not come close to the overall refinement level of the FX850. I would say for certain the FX850 among most music genres is a top performer for EDM and trance.. My go to for ASOT. Large vast stage with clear authority in all regions of sound says so. Absolutely unbelievable with trance actually. Especially vocal variety.

Here are some more quotes from the pm from my friend on here:

"They match the range and impact of my HE6"
"I still feel that they are the overall equal of any phones I have owned. Just amazing."
"The bass is just icing on the cake, as the detail and timbre of the mids and highs are second to none, even matching my Kaede which is regarded as one of the best IEM's to ever come out of Japan. It is no slouch on bass either but the sense of realism that the JVC portrays is something else."

Here I am hyping these headphones and my pair has not even left Japan yet...
redface.gif

But at least I am quoting someone who has actually heard them.

Hyping is OK when warranted. These are definitely warranted. Hype on my friend.

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #371 of 3,535
  How different are the tips for the triple fi 10s and the ue900?  I ordered a set of ue900 tips and now I'm debating about ordering the triple fi tips.  The usual sony hybrids that work well for most of my other IEM just does not fit right with the FX850.

I took some pictures for you. From top to bottom (with size increasing going left to right) are the UE900 tips, TF10 tips, and the stock FX850 tips. The TF10 tips are thinner in material and have wider bores than the UE900 ones.

STuaqtD.jpg
HZjArMg.jpg

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #373 of 3,535
Does anyone else have their large tips for trade or sale? I have the small and medium tips which were never used. These tips are also amazing on the 1Plus2.

Mar 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #374 of 3,535
  Does anyone else have their large tips for trade or sale? I have the small and medium tips which were never used. These tips are also amazing on the 1Plus2.

Are these the same ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-pcs-B-4sz-Comfort-Replacement-Eartips-Earbuds-for-JVC-In-Ear-Earphones-/321283434765?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4acdfc290d

They do not list the 850 as a model number, but maybe they are the same across the JVC line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back