The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Mar 25, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #346 of 3,535
  I hated the UE900.  These are miles better imho.  The bass is so much natural sounding and deeper with the woodies.  The only problem I see is lack of support for those in the usa.  Hopefully we can order replacement cables and tips.  I was rolling tips and I really like the stock ones better than all of the other ones I had lying around the house.  

oh man..."hated?"  Hurtin' my feels here, but then again i haven't heard either of them yet.  Still on order.  

Mar 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #347 of 3,535
  oh man..."hated?"  Hurtin' my feels here, but then again i haven't heard either of them yet.  Still on order.  

Sorry man.  They just weren't for me.  Plus I think I paid 399 for them or whatever retail was when they first came out.    Go to an apple store and listen to them first.  That's what I should have done.  I didn't know that they had them to demo until my friend told me that they had them there.  I thought they would be just as good or better than the triple fi, but they weren't.  I hope they fixed the cable issue that many had too.  If you don't like them you probably could get more than 300 for them  on ebay unless everyone is selling them for 300 now.

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #351 of 3,535
I guess I'm in the minority because for me the stock tips actually don't work as well on these as other tips. I think UE TripleFi 10 tips in medium would be an ideal fit, but one of the tips I have ripped apart (victim of the gigantic, ruthless KEF M200 nozzles), so I'm currently using the small size pair which is working out decently.

UE900 tips work fine for me as well, but when A-B'ing I sense a more spacious sound with the TripleFi 10 ones (wider bore, thinner material).

EDIT: One day later and the stock mediums are working well now. Yesterday I couldn't get a good seal and was missing out on a lot of bass.

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #353 of 3,535
  I guess I'm in the minority because for me the stock tips actually don't work as well on these as other tips. I think UE TripleFi 10 tips in medium would be an ideal fit, but one of the tips I have ripped apart (victim of the gigantic, ruthless KEF M200 nozzles), so I'm currently using the small size pair which is working out decently.

UE900 tips work fine for me as well, but when A-B'ing I sense a more spacious sound with the TripleFi 10 ones (wider bore, thinner material).

Well then I wouldn't mind buying those large JVC tips from you :).

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #354 of 3,535

Well then I wouldn't mind buying those large JVC tips from you :).

There's a chance that they might work well for my ears on other IEMs, so I tend to keep all my tips if possible. Sorry. 
redface.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #359 of 3,535
Got my mini to micro cable and RSA Predator amp/dac today and they sound soooooo *@!$%&^*#@ good with them and both haven't been broken in yet. This is a faptastic portable combo. I won't need to get a digital audio player now. :) Now I just have to sell off all of my desktop gear to make back the money I spent this past week.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #360 of 3,535
without sounding dumb, why are the tips angled, out of the box?, all the instructions are japanese. don't want to trash a new pair if the tip doesn't swivel. presumably it sits at an angle to the ear?

The comfort is top class for me, almost like i'm not wearing iems.

Female vocals, same as the TH-900, wicked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back