The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #9,586 of 22,406
I was thinking of adding the iso cat 6 block as well. Did you experiment with two different cable in and out? There was a good review somewhere that did an extensive review with different cables.
Hi Ken,
I did but it was quiet a while ago. My current set up is all soTm ethernet cables, so I guess the rest didn't quiet match up. LOL. I would like to try a Tellurium ethernet cable though. Hope my guy here can t-loan one to me. Anyways, I am in the midst of getting a second soTm switch. Hope I can get it up and running after the new year.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #9,587 of 22,406
dafuq?
It's 100% possible to sound the same because it doesn't do anything. Same as if I sit a hamster on my DAC - it sounds the same because it has no impact whatsoever - just like an audiophile network switch.
Keep in mind that a standard cat6 network runs at 1 gigabit. That's pumping 1's and 0's all over the place a billion times a second without making any mistakes. And that's a standard $30 network switch doing that with no problems at all. Sure, the $640 audiophile one can do it as well, but who cares.

It’s too bad your hamster doesn’t speak. He would’ve said, “Hey Mulder, I know you want to appear intelligent, but why don’t you actually be intelligent and listen to something before you comment and say something has no effect, negative effect, or positive affect”?

But you’re smarter than a hamster, so you could’ve just told him that why would it make a difference? That’s like saying power cables, interconnects, and headphone cables make no difference either, after all it’s just electrons going across a wire. Streamers and DAC’s too. They’re only processing 1’s and 0’s. A 1 is a 1, and a 0 is a 0.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #9,589 of 22,406
The EtherREGEN made a very positive and notable difference in my audio system.

I believe in testing myself before making general statements and UpTone have a 30-day money-back satisfaction guaranteed, so you can test it at home and if you don’t like it you can send it back for full refund.

Dec 18, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #9,590 of 22,406
It’s too bad your hamster doesn’t speak. He would’ve said, “Hey Mulder, I know you want to appear intelligent, but why don’t you actually be intelligent and listen to something before you comment and say something has no effect, negative effect, or positive affect”?

But you’re smarter than a hamster, so you could’ve just told him that why would it make a difference? That’s like saying power cables, interconnects, and headphone cables make no difference either, after all it’s just electrons going across a wire. Streamers and DAC’s too. They’re only processing 1’s and 0’s. A 1 is a 1, and a 0 is a 0.
I stand by my hamster.
Get one and blind test it if you wanna waste $640

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #9,592 of 22,406
My Christmas present to myself was just delivered, the JPS Superconductor for my TCs. After 5 minutes of use, compared to the regular cables, the sound is much more holographic (it's kind of crazy actually), the bass hits harder, the treble sparkles more, the soundstage is bigger. In my permutation, I got the 8ft one, costing close to $3K, so I was expecting big things. For just this 5 minute sample, I am hopeful the purchase was worth it. Of course much more listening is needed to properly evaluate the cables. I will be on a listening frenzy tonight. I will post comparisons to the stock cable after I properly evaluate the SCs with many different songs and genres.

Dec 18, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #9,593 of 22,406
Merry Christmas!
FYI the cable requires break-in and will sound more open and extended after about 72 hours of play-time, but as you heard it plays nice out the box. ABYSS_SMILEY_1266.png

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Dec 18, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #9,594 of 22,406
My Christmas present to myself was just delivered, the JPS Superconductor for my TCs. After 5 minutes of use, compared to the regular cables, the sound is much more holographic (it's kind of crazy actually), the bass hits harder, the treble sparkles more, the soundstage is bigger. In my permutation, I got the 8ft one, costing close to $3K, so I was expecting big things. For just this 5 minute sample, I am hopeful the purchase was worth it. Of course much more listening is needed to properly evaluate the cables. I will be on a listening frenzy tonight. I will post comparisons to the stock cable after I properly evaluate the SCs with many different songs and genres.

Congrats!!

I have the same cable with my TC and love it.

Dec 18, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #9,595 of 22,406
As mentioned above, I have the Superconductor cable. I also have the Lazuli Reference cable on my Empyrean, and always liked that cable. So I decided to borrow a Lazuli Reference to try with the TC. I could not believe how much better the Superconductor cable is. The dimension, instrument spacing, and depth of soundstage is amazing. The difference is not subtle at all.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #9,596 of 22,406
As mentioned above, I have the Superconductor cable. I also have thew Lazuli Reference cable on my Empyrean, and always liked that cable. So I decided to borrow a Lazuli Reference to try with the TC. I could not believe how much better the Superconductor cable is. The dimension, instrument spacing, and depth of soundstage is amazing. The difference is not subtle at all.
I'm blown away by the instrument spacing. Everything is so clear and defined with the Superconductor. The soundstage is great too. Jay over at audiobacon said the Superconductor was too warm. I don't hear that at all. I know some other posters on here said the same thing about the cables not being too warm either. I dunno why that reviewer on audiobacon found the cables to be too warm. I guess everybody hears things differently

Dec 18, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #9,597 of 22,406
As mentioned above, I have the Superconductor cable. I also have thew Lazuli Reference cable on my Empyrean, and always liked that cable. So I decided to borrow a Lazuli Reference to try with the TC. I could not believe how much better the Superconductor cable is. The dimension, instrument spacing, and depth of soundstage is amazing. The difference is not subtle at all.
You guys are killing me softly...

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back