The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #14,282 of 22,431
What makes you think HD6XX have more special vocal than utopia?
HD6XX has slightly lusher mids thats makes the vocal more emotional, while the vocals on the Utopia are more transparent, IMO

may i have more insight on 1266s vocals compaired to Utopia or HD 6XX

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #14,283 of 22,431
HD6XX has slightly lusher mids thats makes the vocal more emotional, while the vocals on the Utopia are more transparent, IMO

may i have more insight on 1266s vocals compaired to Utopia or HD 6XX
At this tier of financial investment, you understand that you will have to hear it for yourself and make up your own opinion.
Judging for your description of your preferences, and putting out the disclaimer that this is just my subjective opinion, the 1266TC is very transparent and powerful. I wouldn't call it aggressive, otherwise I wouldn't have liked it and purchased it, but transparent and powerful, yes.
For something more "involvent" in terms of voices, but of a similar quality tier, I would check the Hifiman Susvara. That might align more to that preference you stated.
The obvious, strong recommendation is for you to trial both, of course. It was an eye opener for me, at least.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #14,284 of 22,431
Another suggestion for vocals is the LCD4. Very lush mids and warmer sound than TC. I have both and prefer the Audeze for vocals. I had the Utopia and it was more similar than different to the TC. The TC did most of what the Utopia did but with bigger sound stage and deeper bass.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #14,285 of 22,431
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #14,289 of 22,431
you can have it tested it. it's weird my ab 1266 tc right channel's bass has overwhelming presence at 20 hertz, the left channel is completely mute, after 30 hertz, everything is focused on centered again.

Yes it's a fit issue.

I just can't find a way to make the entire bass range even.

from 25hz to 40hz bass is stronger on the left side.

from 45hz - 60hz it's perfectly even.

from 65hz - 80hz it's almost completely from the right side.

When I move my head while hearing a certain bass frequency this balance changes, And of course moving the pads on my head also affects this.

Try and bend the frame and see if it helps you.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #14,291 of 22,431
Even a 1 degree bend on either one of the headband frame angles can affect this. I was able to resolve this issue for myself by bending to get the angles congruent

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #14,292 of 22,431
Even a 1 degree bend on either one of the headband frame angles can affect this. I was able to resolve this issue for myself by bending to get the angles congruent

Exactly. I had the same issue with mine the first few weeks I had it, and I even sent them back and Joe tested them and said they were fine. I got them back and played with them and realized it was the positioning.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #14,293 of 22,431

Did you end up keeping the super conductor 1266 cable in the end?

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #14,295 of 22,431
My fit for Dubstep electronic music is semi seal. If I create gap all around I loose the linearity. There's a small gap in the back that is inch in length. If I kept the Diana's I should have gotten something soft to break the seal as the sweet spot was having a gap on that headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back