The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Oct 21, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #12,498 of 22,525
I think Abyss might start putting a variety of o-rings with the new headband. I assume they didn't anticipate the issues people are having. It would cost very little and probably save money by not having to address the issue over and over. I am sure they will comment soon on what they plan to do.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #12,499 of 22,525
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #12,501 of 22,525
Not all of us live in the USA, nor know O ring sizes by heart. :) I'll pay a visit to my local hardware store tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get it sorted out. My suggestion of including multiple sizes was meant to save others this hassle. Btw, not sure we need to bring JC into this.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #12,502 of 22,525
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #12,503 of 22,525
Not all of us live in the USA, nor know O ring sizes by heart. :) I'll pay a visit to my local hardware store tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get it sorted out. My suggestion of including multiple sizes was meant to save others this hassle. Btw, not sure we need to bring JC into this.
There was already a previous page linked. Ya'll ****ing lazy.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #12,504 of 22,525
I'm very happy with my Abyss. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect a little extra when buying a $5000 headphone or $199 headband. As far as your attitude towards those who ask for the extra, I think it speaks volumes as to the type of person who expresses it. Civility costs nothing. Hostility costs us all.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #12,505 of 22,525
I'm very happy with my Abyss. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't expect a little extra when buying a $5000 headphone or $250 headband. As far as your attitude towards those who ask for the extra, I think it speaks volumes as to the type of person who expresses it. Civility costs nothing. Hostility costs us all.
I don't disagree. However, the issue is one of wear and break-in and thus thorough time. I don't even think JPS gave sufficient time for QC, er, sufficient stretch.
The fix is simple enough you don't have to drag the conversation on and on.

Oh, how the world must be difficult for those whom can't handle a few brash words.

Oct 21, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #12,506 of 22,525
I don't disagree. However, the issue is one of wear and break-in and thus thorough time. I don't even think JPS gave sufficient time for QC, er, sufficient stretch.

Oh, how the world must be difficult for those whom can't handle a few brash words.
No, you're just being an a-hole

Costs nothing for Abyss to toss in a few different O-rings, now that they know what their customers are going through in the real world. This is feedback for Abyss IMO. It's what the forums are for, among other things.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #12,507 of 22,525

The world is as difficult as it is because of attitudes like yours. Last time I will comment on the subject.

Oct 21, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #12,509 of 22,525
Agreed the new design is definitely better. The old headband fits me just right. However when it needs to be replaced I will happily buy the new one. And I have o-ring kits with every size I might ever need. Didn’t buy them for a headphone but an added bonus I guess. :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #12,510 of 22,525
I simply do not know what size o ring is needed, the 8 dollars isnt the issue...what size o ring would do the trick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back