The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #12,331 of 22,482
If anyone is interested in a great deal on the Phi CC (2018 edition) in the EU let me know. I got mine from another Head-Fier, has some wear marks but is in an otherwise great condition and comes with a 4.4, 6.3 and XLR cable. I might be posting it for sale soon but would be happy to sell it off the bat if someone would like one!

Will post photos if anyone is interested :)
Rad0, TC what you want buy next? :L3000: :beerchug:
Think there are in Top 5 of the best headphones ever.
You only can go for a KGSSHv Carbon and SR007 MK2 SZ2xxx bass port mod or HE1. I don't know any other headphone better then TC.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #12,332 of 22,482
Rad0, TC what you want buy next? :L3000: :beerchug:
Think there are in Top 5 of the best headphones ever.
You only can go for a Kgsshv Carbon and SR007 MK2 SZ2xxx bass port mod or HE1. I don't know any other headphone better then TC.
I’m a little too satisfied with the Diana V2 currently actually. Absolutely love how it pairs with the GSX Mini - currently considering getting a closed back (either the Verite closed or waiting on the one abyss have been mentioning)

The phi CC is a lovely headphone but just a touch sharp throughout the midrange from what I’m hearing so far

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #12,335 of 22,482
Yes I also had the CC and sold it because of the midrange too thin for me. TC is way better but my SR007 is still better in tonality and the RAD0 also.
The RAD-0 is alright but I find it is a little too smoothed out for my taste. I don’t really have almost any situations when I’d take it over the Diana V2

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #12,337 of 22,482
You maybe want to try the Diana Phi is very neutral and transparent a lot more soundstage then v2. But for me too low bass presence. I hear 90% metal.
I don’t really want anything more neutral than the Diana V2. I personally need a decently substantial bass presence, which the Diana V2 is able to provide - the quality there is outstanding. I might get the 1266 TC at some point as the midrange is the only thing about the phi CC that I don’t love but time will tell :)

Oct 9, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #12,339 of 22,482
Guys it is one month till the Black Friday this year!! Hopefully there are some good deals this year to save us from the virus, market crash etc.... Anyway, ready to pull the trigger for the 1266 TC :)

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #12,340 of 22,482
Any impressions on TToby + TC 1266?
Any improvements compared to TT2 XLR balanced output?
I want to match TC 1266 with TT2 and I don't like the form-factor of Formula S or WA33. (and I don't have enough space on my desk)
I want to stack TT2 + HMS + TToby.
I have already seen this review on Diana Phi + TToby
https://headfonics.com/abyss-headphones-diana-phi-review/2

I owned the TT2 for a while. I honestly don't think the TToby would be worth it for the Abyss Phi TC, maybe the Susvara, but not the Abyss. If you have speakers to run, I suppose you could try the TToby. Thinking about it, I wonder if we will see a TToby 2 at some point, using the technology from the Ultima Amps, and the Etude.

So yeah, I wouldn't recommend the TToby for the Abyss, the TT2 from its XLR outputs works well, and I don't think the TToby would sound much different.

An additional amp for a different sound with the Abyss, perhaps more bass or a thicker presentation, that is a whole different story.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #12,343 of 22,482
I can thoroughly vouch for the Forza Audioworks Noir HPC headphone cable. It's a blend of UPOCC copper and silver. I found it improved sonics vs stock cable in just about every way. Tone is more natural and rich, mids are fuller, treble is less grainy and harsh, no loss of bass, resolution, speed, soundstage etc. It's also very light and great to the touch. I haven't heard the SC so I can't make any comparisons except to price, the Forza costing about 7x less. I think they have a thread here somewhere.

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #12,345 of 22,482
But i have 2x Forza cable (Noir and Noir HPC) and i don't find them to be hi-end cable.
Maybe synegry with Abyss is that good?

Users who are viewing this thread

• ABQ1
Back