The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #10,982 of 22,434
I was using it till I went with a speaker amp. It’s a very good amp, very neutral and drives the Abyss with good authority. I did blow the inverter or something on it. Got it fixed through a Friend of mine. It is old but still very good. The DAC version is pretty well implemented but it’s dated now.

Thanks man. There is someone selling it locally for around Usd2400. I just saw the listing but it's been on the local buy/sell for a while now.

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #10,983 of 22,434
That's a mighty fine dose of poison right there. Enjoy. How do they sound driving the Abyss?

Never heard anything like it in my life. The dynamics, layering, soundstage, detail,
musicality, and depth front to back is off the charts. You truly don’t need speakers with this combo.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #10,986 of 22,434
Don’t mean to throw a spanner in the works, have u considered a speaker amp? When u say locally, whereabouts is that sir?

Locally meaning Singapore.
I do have an AHB2. But never got round to trying it. To be honest, i might not go down that route, as I don't want to risk warranty. Plus I already have this right sided driver issue; the last thing I want is to say in this thread is that I've been using a speaker amp to drive it..

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #10,987 of 22,434
I do have an AHB2. But never got round to trying it. To be honest, i might not go down that route, as I don't want to risk warranty. Plus I already have this right sided driver issue; the last thing I want is to say in this thread is that I've been using a speaker amp to drive it..
I thought you were from Singapore too. To tell an hunch I got, I think that’s my amp, it’s come with the DAC right? I sold it very cheap to another guy on Carousell, Don’t spend that much on that amp. I did ask for the serial number to verify but he asked $100 just for that. What an ass?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #10,988 of 22,434
Why don’t you get it Jeremy from AV one to send it back for a check

Jun 2, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #10,989 of 22,434
I thought you were from Singapore too. To tell an hunch I got, I think that’s my amp, it’s come with the DAC right? I sold it very cheap to another guy on Carousell, Don’t spend that much on that amp. I did ask for the serial number to verify but he asked $100 just for that. What an ass?

Oh thanks for the heads up!

Why don’t you get it Jeremy from AV one to send it back for a check

Yep I've already informed him a while back. Just waiting for the shop to reopen..

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #10,990 of 22,434
Soundstage size and transparency (and dynamics, and timbre, and glorious execution ...).

mahler.png

Ridiculous imaging (and one of my overall favorite recordings).

promusica.png

Ambience and soundstage depth (and really emotional music btw).

trinity.png

Immersive soundstage, fun factor to the ceiling!

gogo.png
Thank you so much for these suggestions... for those that haven't listened to these recordings yet.... THEY ARE NO JOKE!!!!
@simorag WOW... I look forward to all of your suggestions... this one is especially incredible!

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #10,992 of 22,434
For crap and giggles, yesterday I had a dream about visiting a local CNC facility and spotting an abyss on the far end of the production line.

I distinctly remember the facility being huge and all the finished parts are hung high on the ceiling instead of put on the table or an assembly line. The parts all look and feel plasticky instead of aluminum. On the very far end of the facility is a frame of an Abyss headphone. The grill pattern is different on both sides. I asked the worker if he can retrieve that for me but he declined and said something really nasty. Funky dream.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #10,993 of 22,434
For crap and giggles, yesterday I had a dream about visiting a local CNC facility and spotting an abyss.

I distinctly remember the facility being huge and all the finished parts are hung high on the ceiling instead of put on the table or an assembly line. The parts all look and feel plasticky instead of aluminum. On the very far end of the facility is a frame of an Abyss headphone. The grill pattern is different on both sides. I asked the worker if he can retrieve that for me but he declined and said something really nasty. Funky dream.
Any nice Amp/DAC there? LOL

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #10,994 of 22,434
Since I know this is a very demanding crowd here with high standards …. any recommendations for cable re-termination services?

I used Triton Audio Cables @alpha421 over half a dozen times last year for retermination requests and custom cable builds (including a novel one involving the SR1a). Prompt, and professional to a fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back