The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Sep 25, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #17,821 of 22,406
Yes, toe-in shows no resistance you may just squeeze your head raw, but I find toe-out a natural resistance occurs that optimizes the perfect toe-out -- at least for me. If you took a picture of the headband width and a particular toe-out it might laso help better clarify. I'd show mine tonight if no other's chime in.
Thank you this has already made a difference , well to the fit anyway ....its also now staying in place when I move about .....EUREKA :relaxed:
Too early to call if I like the sound this way but its not moving about now

My mate told me today that I do have slightly sticky out ears....I never knew this :relaxed:

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #17,822 of 22,406
Thank you this has already made a difference , well to the fit anyway ....its also now staying in place when I move about .....EUREKA :relaxed:
Too early to call if I like the sound this way but its not moving about now

My mate told me today that I do have slightly sticky out ears....I never knew this :relaxed:
Now it's just about feeling it out and optimizing what's best between fit and sound.

It will become second nature.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #17,823 of 22,406
Now it's just about feeling it out and optimizing what's best between fit and sound.

It will become second nature.

Yes I guess so, I cant believe I could not find this position myself. I think sometimes we can fiddle about too much and not give things enough time.
This fit feels good now and has also decreased the weighty feeling on top of my head. Thanks again

I am not one for chopping and changing my gear, I have had the HEKs for just under 6 years and loved them, I really did not expect such a big improvement so I am very keen to keep these

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #17,824 of 22,406
Yes I guess so, I cant believe I could not find this position myself. I think sometimes we can fiddle about too much and not give things enough time.
This fit feels good now and has also decreased the weighty feeling on top of my head. Thanks again

I am not one for chopping and changing my gear, I have had the HEKs for just under 6 years and loved them, I really did not expect such a big improvement so I am very keen to keep these
It's a fickle introduction. I remember struggling the same.

Get ready to enjoy the TC for the next 20 years because there ain't much coming to dog it down.

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #17,825 of 22,406

Of course you're keeping them..😊

Sep 25, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #17,826 of 22,406
It's a fickle introduction. I remember struggling the same.

Get ready to enjoy the TC for the next 20 years because there ain't much coming to dog it down.
It is certainly built to last that long :relaxed:

Sep 26, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #17,827 of 22,406
I want to ask advice from those with experience on the superconductor cable.

What does it do sonically to the TC vs a good silver occ litz cable? Is there any filling out of the midrange using this cable?

I have a silver litz occ from ted allen (headphone lounge)- which was around $200. Big improvement over stock. For $2000- what improvements or differences should I expect from this superconductor cable?

Sep 26, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #17,828 of 22,406

What does it do sonically to the TC vs a good silver occ litz cable? Is there any filling out of the midrange using this cable?

I have a silver litz occ from ted allen (headphone lounge)- which was around $200. Big improvement over stock. For $2000- what improvements or differences should I expect from this superconductor cable?
I would
Invest the $K in a better dac or amp

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #17,830 of 22,406
I have the SC and a Norne silver cable. The silver cable balanced out the sound but the SC seemed to expand the soundstage. The SC also brought up the midrange while keeping the sparkle of the treble. I had to make a pad adjustment to retain the amount of bass the stock cable provided. Overall I definitely prefer the SC. Wether it is worth the cost is a personal choice.

Sep 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #17,831 of 22,406
I have the SC and a Norne silver cable. The silver cable balanced out the sound but the SC seemed to expand the soundstage. The SC also brought up the midrange while keeping the sparkle of the treble. I had to make a pad adjustment to retain the amount of bass the stock cable provided. Overall I definitely prefer the SC. Wether it is worth the cost is a personal choice.
Very interesting post. The review I read by audiobacon mentioned how the superconductor added warmth and texture but at the cost of treble sparkle. I will need to settle this understanding before going in that direction.

Sep 26, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #17,832 of 22,406

I can't compare to to a silver cable but against the stock cable The SC cable smoothes out everything while keeping treble sparkle. Deeper bass and midrange is better. Its a thicker sound with a little more warmth but Way less fatiguing over stock. Was worth the purchase for me but it's definetley different for everyone.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #17,834 of 22,406
Yes, toe-in shows no resistance you may just squeeze your head raw, but I find toe-out a natural resistance occurs that optimizes the perfect toe-out -- at least for me. If you took a picture of the headband width and a particular toe-out it might also help better clarify. I'd show mine tonight if no other's chime in.
Well, isn't this interesting. After having settled for a toe-in long ago, this post inspired me to try the toe-out. And I like it much better! I changed out the O-rings to a smaller size and changed the pads to 1 / 11 o' clock. It takes some getting used to having the gap in the front rather than the back, but it sure stays in place much better. A big improvement overall. Thanks for sharing. And it just goes to show how many options there are to finetune one's personal fit with this headphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back