The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 16, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #92 of 509
Jan 16, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #93 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But if you go to the "Features" tab and read the description, it says:

"Plus, three separate acoustically tuned sound channels allow us to keep frequencies separate and balanced until they blend naturally in your ear."

From the picture, two of the sound channels go into one bore. The description is a bit confusing but the picture says it all.

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #95 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The picture could be wrong.

But have you noticed that out of all the models, the description says the "UE10 is the most accurate personal monitor available."

Is there anyone out there that has the UE10 and JH13? Which one is more accurate?

Jan 16, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #96 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone out there that has the UE10 and JH13? Which one is more accurate?

UE10 may be more accurate, but that does not mean it sounds better or more detailed. It has a flatter response. The JH13 has an accentuated kickbass by design. I'm going to get my teeth kicked in for mentioning that the monkey has had both and so have several others, though I think its safe to say monkey prefers the JH13 though.

Jan 16, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #97 of 509
Quote:

When it comes to a transducer's "accurate" sound it's very subjective. You could measure them but unlike all other electronic components in the audio chain the transducer's timbre signature matters much more than it's technical accuracy.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #99 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the significance of having more bores?

in this race of who can fit the most drivers in their IEM's, I guess who has the most bores will come into play also.

Jan 16, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #100 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE10 may be more accurate, but that does not mean it sounds better or more detailed. It has a flatter response. The JH13 has an accentuated kickbass by design. I'm going to get my teeth kicked in for mentioning that the monkey has had both and so have several others, though I think its safe to say monkey prefers the JH13 though.

You, sir, are correct. I don't know what accurate means with respect to audio gear, but I will say this: to me, the JH13 has every good quality of the UE10 and fixes its shortcomings without turning into a weird IEM. The UE10 has a crystalline clarity that I love, but that same quality can be fatiguing. And I always wished it had more bass. The JH13 retains (and exceeds) that clarity and then adds much moar flesh to the bones. Clarity, richness, and slam. The UE10 just can't compete with the richness and slam.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #101 of 509
Hello, interesting news. I for myself just hope that jh will drop the price of the jh13pro (i dont really believe more drivers is always better and i think more bass might hide other parts of the frequency spectrum). I hope they will drop the jh13 price so its mor elike the ue10 pro.
Probbably just wishful thinking because i dont think hte jh16 pro iwll be the new flagship, just a different flavour.
I wish the non-custom iem market would finally do a bit of catching up.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #102 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish the non-custom iem market would finally do a bit of catching up.
Greetings, Anouk,

Fair point. I wonder (as have many others) if UE's big sale on the TF10 was a move to reduce inventory ahead of a new "improved" universal.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #103 of 509
Quote:

I have both the UE 10 and JH13. I have UE 10 for six years and JH13 sine July of last year. To me JH 13 has more body and is the one I am using now. UE 10 was very good until JH13 came about. JH13 is more life like, more personal, musical and and less fatiguing. I had two UE 10 and sold one . But I am keeping one for back up.

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #104 of 509
very interesting in the way the iem market is shaping up! seems like the right time to consider a high end iem :p

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #105 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very interesting in the way the iem market is shaping up! seems like the right time to consider a high end iem :p

the next day Fitear comes along with a 10 driver, 10 way crossover design
smily_headphones1.gif
waha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back