The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #121 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i heard that ue 11 have more bass than the jh13 can u confirm this,

and wow more bass with these jh16's i was opting for the ue11 but this changes everything, assuming thereare major differnences

I couldn't tell you. I never heard the UE-11. I left IEM land a long time ago. But if I were ever to get a pair I'd probably get the JH13. If the JH16 have more bass it would be too much for my tastes. I like as close to neutral and natural as possible.

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #122 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't tell you. I never heard the UE-11. I left IEM land a long time ago. But if I were ever to get a pair I'd probably get the JH13. If the JH16 have more bass it would be too much for my tastes. I like as close to neutral and natural as possible.

you know most people with extensive listening with both the jh13 and hd800 actually prefer the jh13's right?
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #125 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you know most people with extensive listening with both the jh13 and hd800 actually prefer the jh13's right?
wink.gif

I've not heard the HD800...but I own JH13s and to me, I think they're a bit overrated. Not that they're bad at all, but they definitely sound like IEMs.

Jan 19, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #126 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've not heard the HD800...but I own JH13s and to me, I think they're a bit overrated. Not that they're bad at all, but they definitely sound like IEMs.

haha, they are IEMs. but people have said they prefer JH13 over HD800 and I wondered whether intensive tests have been conducted for both. As headphones should need longer burn-in time and alot of equipment pairing tests to bring out their best.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #127 of 509
UE and JH's timing in competition is way too amazing

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #128 of 509
Some kinda upgrade path would be great for those who purchased 13 just recently.

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #129 of 509
They look awesome..... But it's to much money for me
frown.gif
Also, I think it's to much to pay for portable audio.... And everyone will be looking at you if you use these types of IEMs
tongue.gif
But I still want them so bad... Guess I have to go through school and get a job first
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #131 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look awesome..... But it's to much money for me
frown.gif
Also, I think it's to much to pay for portable audio.... And everyone will be looking at you if you use these types of IEMs
tongue.gif
But I still want them so bad... Guess I have to go through school and get a job first
biggrin.gif

Nod.

You got a full life ahead of you. You shouldn't have to rob the bank to buy whatever you want.

When you are financially comfortable and etc, then it's 'that' time.

Until then, it's good to salivate for something.. When you actually get it, the excitement doesn't last that long. :)

Jan 19, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #132 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nod.

You got a full life ahead of you. You shouldn't have to rob the bank to buy whatever you want.

When you are financially comfortable and etc, then it's 'that' time.

Until then, it's good to salivate for something.. When you actually get it, the excitement doesn't last that long. :)

true dat brother, these things(jh-13's) are awesome dont get me wrong, but after a week or so the novelty wears off. Its not that they stop sounding as good, its that you get used to them sounding that good. its like when you first went blu ray with your hd tv, it looks amazing, then you just start expecting it.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #134 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radio_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This annoys me because I bought the 13 after reading jerry harvey (quotation pending) explicitly state that they wouldn't put out another flagship for a few years...I really hope they have some option to replace the driver on my jh13 with the updated 16 or something, because I will not replace them for another grand and change.

The JH16 is not a new flagship. It's just a different flavor. The primary differences are that it has more dynamic range (i.e. it goes louder while maintaining dynamics), and may have slightly more bass boost. It is not "better" than the JH13 in a detail sense.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #135 of 509
From the outside looking in, it seems the JH16s are competing against the UE18's (their new flagship). That being the case (if it even is), then the JH16s appear to be the "new" flagship in the JH lineup.

I realize he's stated that the 16s aren't an upgrade to the 13's and that its intended for stage use, it just seems a bit odd to me that announcements from both camps came out within a few days of another.

My crystal ball tells me this (JH13 vs JH16) is going to be like the HD600 vs HD650 debate that's been ongoing for a long time. Though at these prices, I suspect only a few will know for sure the differences in quality of sound produced by the JH13, JH16 and UE18.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back