The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 16, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #61 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Lol I'd feel stupid wearing custom IEMs in the first place, everybody would be giving me looks, the jokes on them but you know...also what what make me feel even more stupid is using a $1k+ pair of IEMs with no amplifier, it's absurd.

It's not absurd once you listen to them.

I find it amazing that I can get this type of outstanding sound while on a plane flying halfway around the world. We are lucky, lucky people.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #62 of 509
It may not be but I think spending so much on (what are considered to be the best) IEMs and let it go unamped, is something I wouldn't want to do. It would be like me buying a Sennheiser hD 650 and using it through a Little dot MKIII. I would spend some more cash to get something like the Woo Audio 6 to get the most out of it possible that I can afford. Let's just say the Walkman X1060 is the best sounding PMP out there, the jH 13 Pro are the best IEM out there, I personally would want te best portable amp out there and LOD. It gives me pee of mind that I have the best possible portble setup there is out there
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #64 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Westone shouldn't be too far from disclosing its new "flagship" IEM.. man the UE dudes should be baffled..JH responds with an 8 driver phone for 200 bucks less...

Remember. more drivers doesn't mean "better". Like above mentioned, the JH13 is probably on par with the JH16, just different sound signature. And according to Jude, the Ue18 is on par with the Jh13. So We'd have a triple equality on the market today now.

Quote:

...everybody would be giving me looks, the jokes on them but you know

People always says they look like hearing aids. Which they don't...there's such a big difference. Then they shut up when i whip out my "pretty" UE11's.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #65 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now it's Westone's turn - ES10X with triple high, quad mid and triple low!
biggrin.gif

This is starting to sound like an Olympic Figure Skating competition.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #68 of 509
Everyone talks about the frequncy response. How do the JH-13 image compare to a dianamic headphone? Soundstage, Depth, Specificity??

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #69 of 509
Look like I luck out on not getting the JH13pro a months ago then.

Jan 16, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #70 of 509
i read that electrostats has trouble producing accurate low frequency in complex music.

I guess JH16 is made to recover this flaw. is it better than a electrostat now?
Does it mean JH16 has more accurate bass, more distinct background low extension.

PS: I was thinking for a 3 high, 2 mid, 3 low.

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #71 of 509
2 dual lows haha i think the bass will get even more overwhelming then jh13... and then u cannot hear yourself singing if you are recording tracks with the drum beats masking your own voice.... lol I wonder how singers can use it to monitor their vocals hmmm
smily_headphones1.gif

no offense to the great creator though... but I still cannot hear my voice when i use jh13 to record my tracks. anyone with this issue?

Jan 16, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #74 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vocalists typically choose a more neutral monitor for this. For example, the ES3X.

I see haha....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back