The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 15, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #46 of 509
Wow, 4 bass drivers lol. The quantity HAS to increase with that. Frankly i thought JH13 have quite a lot of bass already, any more than that would spoil the detail retrieval.
Now i just hope they won't come up with a JH18 too soon (3x triple drivers), or JH24 (3x quadruple drivers).
confused_face.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #47 of 509
Because a probably made crossover, like you said can make monitors go beyond and above. The 16 has a -way just like the 13, UE11, ES3X, ES3, PE133, Z5 a lot of other monitors. There's just more drivers now.

Jan 16, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #48 of 509
You have to remember that the crossovers on these are relatively simple, so the chances for signal path degradation is minimal. That being said, one of the complaints of some musicians of multi-driver systems is that sometimes the crossover circuit isn't done perfectly: you'll be sliding along your guitar and find some of your frequency range distorted at a specific note. That's rare, and miniature crossover designs now are nearly perfect for the application.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #50 of 509
Speakers face different issues that really aren't too similar to that of an in-ear-monitor.

I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse...bought my JH13 a couple months back but I think the JH16 would suit me better. My one complaint about the JH13 is a little bit of a lack in dynamics, though their level of detail is outstanding. I think the JH16 'could' have better dynamics...I will be honest, I do not run my JH13 through an amp as I found it a little silly to walk around with an amp everywhere.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #51 of 509
^ Lol I'd feel stupid wearing custom IEMs in the first place, everybody would be giving me looks, the jokes on them but you know...also what what make me feel even more stupid is using a $1k+ pair of IEMs with no amplifier, it's absurd.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #52 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by theCanadian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused. Isn't multiple drivers in a headphone generally considered bad, let alone ear buds.

I know more about full-size speakers....but multiple drivers for the low end is a great idea because low frequency wavelengths are very long and they integrate seamlessly. One high-quality driver doing everything is the ideal, but the technology is not there for full-size speakers. I assume for headphone use, a single driver would have its own issues...either being weak in the top end or suffering in dynamics because of having to play fullrange.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #53 of 509
This should be interesting, the JH 16's are only $50 more than the JH 13’s and still with a lower price point than the new UE 18's at $1,350.00, I’d say it’s all out war ... I don’t know about anyone else, but I hope this war comes with a price war too
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #54 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Lol I'd feel stupid wearing custom IEMs in the first place, everybody would be giving me looks, the jokes on them but you know...also what what make me feel even more stupid is using a $1k+ pair of IEMs with no amplifier, it's absurd.

Convenience plays a factor in all that we do. I also use a netbook instead of a full-sized laptop that's a PITA to carry around... egads!

Jan 16, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #56 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by cujobob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Convenience plays a factor in all that we do. I also use a netbook instead of a full-sized laptop that's a PITA to carry around... egads!

You and I both in both cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back