the IPOD RUMORS thread [Updated to the EXTREME]
Sep 2, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #121 of 137
If we don't get at least 120GB, I am not biting. Here's hoping for 160GB! The 160GB that is on my Apple TV is just the right size. Won't hold my whole music library, but it will finally hold enough.

Sep 2, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #122 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put it this way.. i never heard a gap once, with any kind of file, where one wasn't meant to be.. all done on the fly by the player. pretty exact if you ask me. Those Rio guys knew their onions for sure.

Gapless on the ipod, well it's a workaround really isn't it? I shouldn't need to tell Itunes if it's a gapless album, it should be able to tell for itself.

lossless, well there was already aiff and wav playback, so that was lossless wasn't it? alac is just apple's take on compressed lossless, but making sure it'll only play on an ipod. Purely to protect market share i'd say.

I was mostly commenting on how it's ironic that the most important aspect of an audio player, *How it sounds*, seems to be the one the public and the creator seem least concerned with. which is a great shame.

(oh and I do have a 4G color and a 5.5G 60gb Video, so know a bit about how they sound.)

It's not like it sounds god awful. What "the creator" is most concerned about is if it is going to sell.

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:15 AM Post #125 of 137
damn it nobody knows anything for sure

steve jobs sure keeps a tight leash

the ONLY thing that will disappoint me on Sept 5th is if the new ipod is not released...of if that thing is over $400 (both are possible??)

i have a zune which is nice but the software is gabage. i hate using it and i hate having to do podcasts manually

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #126 of 137
nanomock.jpg

Original spyshots:http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1985196

Sep 3, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #127 of 137
Oh, I never said the Ipod sounds god awful. It's just every other player i've tried sounded better.

Maybe I've just been lucky

Sep 3, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #129 of 137
Sep 3, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #130 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by arnoldsoccer4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nanomock.jpg

Original spyshots:http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...ead.id=1985196

this actually looks okay...much better than all the "phatty" spy pics i've been seeing. if the full-screen is announced i'm probably going to get that...but this nano might not be too bad (did i really say that?)
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #132 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that is the final version of the new iPod nano, that is just a tad too small for my good taste!

it's called the "nano"...what else would you expect?
confused.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #133 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's called the "nano"...what else would you expect?
confused.gif

reminds me of the iFlea lol, uber small.

im not a big fan of the uber downsizing, it looks like a shuffle with a screen!

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #134 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not a big fan of the uber downsizing, it looks like a shuffle with a screen!

methinks that's exactly what the nano is supposed to be!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back