the IPOD RUMORS thread [Updated to the EXTREME]
Aug 12, 2007 at 6:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 137

buddha911

100+ Head-Fier
So I'll start, supposedly the next ipod will be the true video ipod that everyone has been waiting for, but according to this it will only have 16gb of flash memory. That is not enough for me, nowhere near what is needed to carry a decent amount of lossless. sorry for the rumors thread, but I'm bored.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 137
Apple is going to do a campus tour?
biggrin.gif
I think you put the wrong link.

Anyway, actually this year the next iPod will not use multi touch. It will probably use flash memory, but rumors have it it will still use a click wheel, same screen, but shorter than current ones. iPods using OS X and presumably multi-touch won't be out till 2008.

Aug 13, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An iPod gets eaten every 60 seconds.

Whoa! That's cool. How is it prepared, as an entree or dessert? I could go for some iPod foster right now.

Link fixed BTW sorry.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rumor or not now way apple goes from 30 and 80gb to new 16gb flash! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

yeah, seems like a bit of a downgrade, but being a n00b, whats so good abt this nand flash thing?

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
link please
cool.gif

wikipedia.org

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! That's cool. How is it prepared, as an entree or dessert? I could go for some iPod foster right now.

Link fixed BTW sorry.

Here's one way it's prepared.

Aug 13, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #15 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, seems like a bit of a downgrade, but being a n00b, whats so good abt this nand flash thing?

mainly is makes players much smaller, no moving parts so the hard drive is more reliable. The future is flash, just once it becomes cheaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back