THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
May 27, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #256 of 687
May i ask...has anyone experiencing the PCB inside the Intruder casing is loose? Very disappointed by this quality control problem. I have two units of rsa intruders and they are all the same. Nothing to do with the sound...but the internal PCB is moving backward and forward when i plug/pull any conector into/out the port (is like the casing is a mm longer than the pcb) How come this is happening to such a premium portable amp?

RSA audio i believe is well known being the top audio gear brand in term of quality made. How come it has a poor quality control like this. So sad.

Mine moves about .5 of a mm, not that I have ever noticed before. I would expect this, I think my watch moves about the same. :^)  Not bad quality or a QC issue at all, IMO. I normally use the balanced connection and there, there is zero movement. 

May 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #257 of 687
The quality in term of material used and finishing is perfect. It is solid build. And i love the sound very much too. But mine is a bit too loose. One of them when i hold it and shake gently...i can definitely feel the pcb is moving like there is no locking at all. The other one is not as bad....but still when i plug or pull the jack the pcb is a slight moving.

Anyway..is good to know not only me having this issue. I guess i have to live with it. Thanks btw jamoto8 for informing this.

May 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #262 of 687
I sent my Intruder back to Ray a few weeks ago because of a battery issue. He replaced it free of charge and returned it back to me the same day.

I would also like to inform the masses, if you ever have a problem with any of Ray's amps, never ever and I mean ever......send it USPS. His local Post Office sucks. I mailed the Intruder to him insured, priority on the 9th and after three trips to my local P.O. It finally got dlvd on the 22nd. We had to call the Post Master in his area because they never tried to deliver it and it was never updated in the system. I thought it was lost but come to find out, it was sitting on the shelf for ten days. Real tards working in Skokie, IL. Just a friendly warning.

May 31, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #263 of 687
Quote:

Source>SE Input>INTRUDER>Balance Output   Vs. Source>Balance Input>INTRUDER>Balance Output

any difference in quality? :)

I also think the balance input/output will give u benefit of getting a fuller sound. Well, not by much, but if u listen carefully, as what *kothganesh* said, the difference is noticeable (by a fuller sound). However, to me, the difference is MORE noticeable on the output rather than the input. That said, switching  from SE input to balance input, will not be the same as much as improved you are getting by switching from SE output to Balance output. 

Other "small-minus" hint if you are using CLAS db with RSA Intruder:
From my experience, i prefer to use SE input between the CLAS db and the Intruder. It's not because being better, but because another reason. If i want it stacked together between Ipod/CLASdb/Intruder, using balance connection all way through, the only possible option i can do, is that i flip the Intruder the other way around to be able to stick and connect it with my CLAS db using the balance ports (am i right? - otherwise you can not get the right direction between the ports). Now, by doing this, i have no other way but placing my ipod on top of the bottom side of the intruder --> and this will give you a soft noticeable sizzling noise during music transition of the ipod, which i hate it much. I did try pull out Intruder from bundle, and placing my ipod on the top part of the Intruder and no such issues i can hear, and that is why i prefer to use SE input between the CLAS db and Intruder, because with SE input, I don't need to flip the Intruder in such position and i can place my ipod on the top part of Intruder.

Just to be more clear, here is the pictures:

The picture shows i place the ipod on top of the bottom side of Intruder --- and this is the only way i can do if i want stacked them together using balance input. By sticking the back of the ipod to the bottom part of the intruder will give you a soft sizzling noise during music transition.

This picture shows when i used SE input, now i can place my ipod on the top part of the Intruder --- free of sizzling problem !!

May 31, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #264 of 687
Quote:
Quote:

Source>SE Input>INTRUDER>Balance Output   Vs. Source>Balance Input>INTRUDER>Balance Output

any difference in quality? :)

I also think the balance input/output will give u benefit of getting a fuller sound. Well, not by much, but if u listen carefully, as what *kothganesh* said, the difference is noticeable (by a fuller sound). However, to me, the difference is MORE noticeable on the output rather than the input. That said, switching  from SE input to balance input, will not be the same as much as improved you are getting by switching from SE output to Balance output. 

Other "small-minus" hint if you are using CLAS db with RSA Intruder:
From my experience, i prefer to use SE input between the CLAS db and the Intruder. It's not because being better, but because another reason. If i want it stacked together between Ipod/CLASdb/Intruder, using balance connection all way through, the only possible option i can do, is that i flip the Intruder the other way around to be able to stick and connect it with my CLAS db using the balance ports (am i right? - otherwise you can not get the right direction between the ports). Now, by doing this, i have no other way but placing my ipod on top of the bottom side of the intruder --> and this will give you a soft noticeable sizzling noise during music transition of the ipod, which i hate it much. I did try pull out Intruder from bundle, and placing my ipod on the top part of the Intruder and no such issues i can hear, and that is why i prefer to use SE input between the CLAS db and Intruder, because with SE input, I don't need to flip the Intruder in such position and i can place my ipod on the top part of Intruder.

Just to be more clear, here is the pictures:

The picture shows i place the ipod on top of the bottom side of Intruder --- and this is the only way i can do if i want stacked them together using balance input. By sticking the back of the ipod to the bottom part of the intruder will give you a soft sizzling noise during music transition.

This picture shows when i used SE input, now i can place my ipod on the top part of the Intruder --- free of sizzling problem !!

You could place a custom cable order to get full potential? I know I would with that great setup! 
Or you could stack the clas in the middle?
blink.gif

May 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #266 of 687
Just about to pull the plug on the Intruder, can someone enlighten me on the playtime on a full charge? Can't seems to find this information anywhere. Thanks

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #267 of 687
Exactly what I did. The CLAS is in the middle and I have a custom cable.

Ah !! You are right Milapera ! :D
My bad. I wasn't trying enough. My apologize on my previous statement saying "the only way". My brain was stucked by certain reasons:

1. I used to and always place my clas db at the very bottom. The reason is because i like to play with the volume during my listening..so that is why i prefer to place the amp on the middle stack.

2. The balance cable that i use it has a red mark on one of the plug...and i always use the red one goes to source (clas db). So that's why i could not find a way. Because if i place the intuder at the bottom...means i have to plug the one with red mark into the amp...not the clas db. --- i was blinded by this :D

Anyway...thanks to you koth & mila for your input.

Cheers.
Yon

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #268 of 687
I am interested to buy Intruder but since my main rig consists of RWAK100 + AKG3003 / FTG 334, they are all single ended.

Just wondering if my main rig will benefit with this all balanced amp or is there any way around it with a balance adapter?

Thanks in advance!

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #269 of 687
Quote:
I am interested to buy Intruder but since my main rig consists of RWAK100 + AKG3003 / FTG 334, they are all single ended.

Just wondering if my main rig will benefit with this all balanced amp or is there any way around it with a balance adapter?

Thanks in advance!

You'd need to reterminate your IEMs with a 4 pin connector, you can use an adaptor to use balanced headphones/IEMs with an unbalanced amp but not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back