THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Jun 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #271 of 687
Listening again today to some live Neil Diamond on the Intruder and the TWag v3 balanced with the computer as the source and the Intruder doing the conversion. Such very fine enjoyable detail and drive. Excellent sound. This just makes music so much more fun. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #272 of 687
Totally agree with you surprisingly the DAC is pretty good I use it regularly and enjoy it tremendously, with my headphones as well and without fear of not being able to drive them. It is truly a wonderful amp/dac. No regrets on it's purchase whatsoever.

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #273 of 687
Had the good fortune of auditioning the Intruder recently.

An amazing amp that offers incredible power, makes the sonic so silky smooth sounding and an incredibly wide soundstage (the widest i've heard to date). A great complement to the ALO rx MK3-B, which also offers incredible power, makes sonic sound very "Hi Fi" sounding, very wide soundstage with incredible depth in bass impact. The MK3-B is the more exciting of the 2 amps, though the Intruder is the more sophisticated and mature one.

Will find the time to test the DAC section.

Looking between the Intruder and ALO International. Something to drive customs and use as a PC/Mac to USB-out DAC to headphone.

Jun 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #274 of 687
Looking between the Intruder and ALO International. Something to drive customs and use as a PC/Mac to USB-out DAC to headphone.
[/quote]

For use as a dac to pc....international is better sounding. The only think i like about the international is when it used as a dac to my pc. Other than that....intruder is my pick.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #281 of 687
Quote:

For use as a dac to pc....international is better sounding. The only think i like about the international is when it used as a dac to my pc. Other than that....intruder is my pick.[/quote]

any concerns with the ALO International having an output impedance of 22 ohms?

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #282 of 687
Quote:

any concerns with the ALO International having an output impedance of 22 ohms?

Hi Kenz,
IMO, they more suitable for full size cans. The International is like The National but with a bit refinement and added more power into it. In my experience, driving IEMs or let say medium size cans with a lower impedance (such as z1000, momentum, Grados), the sound is fine, but i felt like is not proper enough, especially in the bass department (too many energy) and the sound is like too big of what the lower impedance headphones can handle. But i am not too sure whether is caused by that 22ohm or else.

But when i use it as a dac to my laptop (only laptop+international), I found the sound is noticeable different. Not by much, but seems like the power was tamed a bit, the bass was more controlled and the sound was a bit cleaner to my ears (compared to if i used it with setup like IPC+CLASdb+International as an amp).

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #283 of 687
Quote:
Hi Kenz,
IMO, they more suitable for full size cans. The International is like The National but with a bit refinement and added more power into it. In my experience, driving IEMs or let say medium size cans with a lower impedance (such as z1000, momentum, Grados), the sound is fine, but i felt like is not proper enough, especially in the bass department (too many energy) and the sound is like too big of what the lower impedance headphones can handle. But i am not too sure whether is caused by that 22ohm or else.

But when i use it as a dac to my laptop (only laptop+international), I found the sound is noticeable different. Not by much, but seems like the power was tamed a bit, the bass was more controlled and the sound was a bit cleaner to my ears (compared to if i used it with setup like IPC+CLASdb+International as an amp).

Thanks muzic4life
smile.gif

Have the same thoughts too. Looking for an amp/dac for pc use and the International came by. The 22 ohms was a concerns, but forgot i'll be driving cans instead of iems.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #284 of 687
Quote:

Thanks muzic4life
smile.gif

Have the same thoughts too. Looking for an amp/dac for pc use and the International came by. The 22 ohms was a concerns, but forgot i'll be driving cans instead of iems.

You are welcome !
if you are looking for a single portable with amp+dac for PC...the International OR Apex Glacier they both are quite good (above the Dacport LX's SQ i tested). The reason i sold my International is because i already have The RSA Intruder stacked together with my CLAS db and they are my current PC's companion 
size]

Cheers.

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #285 of 687
Quote:
You are welcome !
if you are looking for a single portable with amp+dac for PC...the International OR Apex Glacier they both are quite good (above the Dacport LX's SQ i tested). The reason i sold my International is because i already have The RSA Intruder stacked together with my CLAS db and they are my current PC's companion 
size]

Cheers.

Cool! Will give the International and Apex Glacier an audition.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back