THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Apr 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #211 of 687
Quote:
And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter ) 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not funny. I read that they are about the same.

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #212 of 687
Just pulling your leg. Seems the Intruder does justice to any Audeze. :wink:

Apr 6, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #213 of 687
Hello Ray,

I just purchase the intruder and fall in love with it in balance mode. But in SE mode found some volume level the sound isn't balance between L and R that I know the main purpose aimed to balance mode. But since I have many of SE ear-phone want to try on the intruder; please kindly advice:

- Can I custom made the mini-balance to SE female to be used with simple SE ear-phone or it will brake down the internal circuit?

- For the source what is a difference(s) between SE input and Balance input; Dose it use same circuit input?

(Sorry for my poor english)

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #214 of 687
Apr 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #215 of 687
Quote:
Hello Ray,

I just purchase the intruder and fall in love with it in balance mode. But in SE mode found some volume level the sound isn't balance between L and R that I know the main purpose aimed to balance mode. But since I have many of SE ear-phone want to try on the intruder; please kindly advice:

- Can I custom made the mini-balance to SE female to be used with simple SE ear-phone or it will brake down the internal circuit?

- For the source what is a difference(s) between SE input and Balance input; Dose it use same circuit input?

(Sorry for my poor english)

Okay just ask my friend; the mini-balance to SE will brake the amp and warranty.... 
Anyway dose anyone try the Dock to mini balance to an input channel?

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #216 of 687
Apr 7, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #220 of 687
To all Intruder users,
I just saw this thread. Hence advance apologies if this question is old : Does the Intruder needs a better DAC (like the CLAS -dB) or should I not mess around with another DAC on top of the inbuilt one in the Intruder. I am about to order the Intruder but I would like to make sure I have a complete rig for my iPhone/ipod.

Thanks

Apr 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #222 of 687
And 20% more so with the 3's..... Buaahhhaaahhhaaaaa ( evil audeze laughter ) :veryevil:

This is not in keeping with your name milarepa :D . Please, pretty plesae, I've had the LCD 2 for just a month.

Hahaha, sorry bout that! Enjoy what you've got, we are the lucky ones to hold Audeze. :wink:
To your dac question I would say that if you are using apple as a source, the clas really is worth lugging around, at least I am happy to do so for the obvious sq gain. The Intruders dac is decent and a nice addition when using a computer on the go as source, but I feel it is a bonus on a great amp more than a selling point. I have not heard the new clas, but I can say that to me the old one is a huge sq gain added to the chain. That's how I feel.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #223 of 687
The dac on the Intruder is for the USB out of a computer etc. It sounds great and the combination of dac and the balanced amp is a joy to use.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #224 of 687
Quote:
Hahaha, sorry bout that! Enjoy what you've got, we are the lucky ones to hold Audeze.
wink.gif

To your dac question I would say that if you are using apple as a source, the clas really is worth lugging around, at least I am happy to do so for the obvious sq gain. The Intruders dac is decent and a nice addition when using a computer on the go as source, but I feel it is a bonus on a great amp more than a selling point. I have not heard the new clas, but I can say that to me the old one is a huge sq gain added to the chain. That's how I feel.

No problem 
wink_face.gif
. Thank you for your input. While I'm no techie I am a little concerned that the DAC cannot do 24 bit.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #225 of 687
Hahaha, sorry bout that! Enjoy what you've got, we are the lucky ones to hold Audeze. :wink:

No problem :wink_face: . Thank you for your input. While I'm no techie I am a little concerned that the DAC cannot do 24 bit.

I think a good dac is about more than bit numbers as the same dac chip may perform rather different in different circutries. There are many excamples of that with many different dacs holding the same chip, but having different synergies with various gear. If ipod/iphone is to be the source I would consider the clas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back