THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even better sound. Just pay shipping.
Feb 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #181 of 687
Quote:
my SR71B has channel imbalance running with SE output... Have you guys ever experienced t

he volume pot has 4 independent wipers, two for each channel, the positive & the negative signals, with two independent shafts, one for each channel, this

The volume pot has four independent wipers, two for each channel to control the level of the positive & the negative signals. Every two wipers are rotated by an independent shaft.
These 4 wipers don't track perfectly. that's why we have two shafts to adjust so we can get the balance perfectly in the middle. We adjust the left & right channel in balanced mode
because this is why any one will buy the balanced amp. The balanced between the left & right channels would be perfect.
But because SE mode uses two wipers, the positive signal from each shaft, they have a little variations as they don't track perfectly. 
Ray Samuels

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #182 of 687
I just got my balanced hybrid V3 for the Intruder. Simply outstanding power and detail. Am I wrong when I say that the sound is better when on high gain and low volume than with mid gain and higher volume to add up? I definitly think so. I also feel that while improving every sweetspot of the lcd3, it did not do good in terms of depth of the soundstage. Is this a price to pay for all the riches the balanced provides?

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #184 of 687
Hi Guys,

Just purchased a Intruder, how do I know the battery is fully charged?

I plugged the charger in and connected my dx100 to it at the same for burn in, the light still in red after a couple of hours.

Thanks for any advice.

Kith

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #185 of 687
Quote:
I plugged the charger in and connected my dx100 to it at the same for burn in, the light still in red after a couple of hours.

Kith,

The light on the charger is always in red as The Intruder is in the power-on status. So ... just shut it down, and latter you will find that the light will be in GREEN. (it means the charging process is fully complete 
wink.gif
 )

FYR,

Adrian

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #186 of 687
Quote:
Kith,

The light on the charger is always in red as The Intruder is in the power-on status. So ... just shut it down, and latter you will find that the light will be in GREEN. (it means the charging process is fully complete 
wink.gif
 )

FYR,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.

How long it take the intruder fully charged?

Cheers

Kith

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #188 of 687
Quote:
Quote:
Kith,

wink.gif
 )

FYR,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.

How long it take the intruder fully charged?

Cheers

Kith

It says in the instructions that one should charge it a full three hours when new. 
After doing so I have never had to charge my Intruder for more than one hour before the light goes green.(it did this out of the box as well but I left it for three hours anyway)
Even after 8 hours of play, still it takes less than the hour. Fastest charge of any portable device I have owned in fact. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #189 of 687
Thanks for everyone replying my question.

Last night, I turn off the intruder, plug in the charger and charge it overnight, but this morning the light is still off, not green.

But it will work when I turn it on and play music.

Normal? I'm sure it's been charged more than six hours.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #190 of 687
I am using the AK100 to feed the Intruder going to the LCD2 (balanced with Twag v2) late version, and the sound is extremely enjoyable. Excellent separation and imaging. The hirez Doors playing now. Cymbals are very true to their sounds with just the right amount of decay.

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #191 of 687
Quote:
Thanks for everyone replying my question.

Last night, I turn off the intruder, plug in the charger and charge it overnight, but this morning the light is still off, not green.

But it will work when I turn it on and play music.

Normal? I'm sure it's been charged more than six hours.

Thanks

We are talking about the diode on the actual charger here? The actual Intruder only gives the red light when its on. It is the charger that should change color. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #193 of 687
Glad to be of help. Congrats on your Intruder. When burnt in it is really an amazing amp for both sensitive iems and full size cans alike imo. I love mine more by the hour. 
o2smile.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #194 of 687
Quote:
I have the Intruder with balanced V3 and LCD3 as well. I found the same thing. High gain sounds the best.

I'm using the RWAK100 DAC/Player to feed the Intruder through the headphone out jack on the RWAK, single ended, RWAK volume on max...using HD800 cans.

All I can say is SWEET!!!!!

I agree, Intruder switches set to higher amplification with lower volume setting is the way to go.   I have balanced cables for my HD800 on order from Moon audio...I cant wait to see if there is a recognizable difference.

Joe

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #195 of 687
Quote:
I'm using the RWAK100 DAC/Player to feed the Intruder through the headphone out jack on the RWAK, single ended, RWAK volume on max...using HD800 cans.

All I can say is SWEET!!!!!

I agree, Intruder switches set to higher amplification with lower volume setting is the way to go.   I have balanced cables for my HD800 on order from Moon audio...I cant wait to see if there is a recognizable difference.

Joe

Balanced cables is the way to Go, for sure.  I can tell the difference and it has been the best way for my LCD3. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back