The Incoherent Rambling Room
Jan 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #542 of 1,250

Quote:
Vinyl damping sheets...

Cork and soft closed-cell foam used in the electronics industry for sound proofing (the pink ribbon was a gag for some know-it-all who said the JVC HA-RX700's were closed lol)

JVC HA-D700 (my favorite vintage phone) taped up and sprayed with Quiet Kote...

Audio-Technica metal frame sprayed with VB...

I later learned that this was a mistake... at least the way I did it. VB Quiet Kote in the can repels from metal so you need to prime it first.

picture number 2 looks like a piñata

Jan 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #545 of 1,250
Oli, you think that could work in this?

Its a orthodynamic, been trying to make it work but the lack of time to work into it is sadly overwhelming :p

<Improve or Destroy>

but maybe that vinyl sheets you speak of with be easier, it def. needs to be damnped to hell.

I've been told that the less space  behind the better and that i have to avoid the backwaves, damn orthos, so picky. would the sheets of the spray work here?

the cup: (its about 3 inches deep)
5bb90b2f_IMG_0399.JPG

the drivers:
e0fa522f_IMG_0407.JPG

02cf781f_IMG_0405.JPG

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #546 of 1,250
Damp the driver holder. Wait, how is it stuck on there? Is it hot glued on?

Jan 24, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #548 of 1,250
The less volume in the cup the better IMO but you also want to have pads with small holes. I've also found that it's better to have a cup that's wide and shallow than a cup that's narrow and deep. 

The last thing I'm trying with Orthos is two drivers per cup. One directed towards and one directed away for bass only.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #549 of 1,250

Quote:
pure pressure!

the original driver was slightly smaller so this one barely fits in the housing. and the back of the housing is ... a hole, is like a ring with wings in the sides, in which the screws go in.

That's bad. There's still resonance, and I have severe doubts for your headphones...just saying. They look to be much less than ideal.

Quote:
The less volume in the cup the better IMO but you also want to have pads with small holes. I've also found that it's better to have a cup that's wide and shallow than a cup that's narrow and deep. 

The last thing I'm trying with Orthos is two drivers per cup. One directed towards and one directed away for bass only.

Duggeh's...6 driver headphones' pictures are gone sadly.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #550 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
pure pressure!

the original driver was slightly smaller so this one barely fits in the housing. and the back of the housing is ... a hole, is like a ring with wings in the sides, in which the screws go in.

That's bad. There's still resonance, and I have severe doubts for your headphones...just saying. They look to be much less than ideal.

Quote:

Duggeh's...6 driver headphones' pictures are gone sadly.

I sawe those when he posted them. Four is too many IMO and mine are going to be quite a bit different.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #551 of 1,250
AKG K280esque or completely different? I'd do something like that too, but I don't know enough to make a crossover.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #552 of 1,250
6 drivers? 4 drivers?!!!

damn

and yes Ish, im planning to look for regular drivers for those koss shells and transplant the orthos into the Kanen 880 woddies ... also i might be using a grado headband. something good might come out. the kanen cups are wood and very little space behind the drivers.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #553 of 1,250

Quote:
AKG K280esque or completely different? I'd do something like that too, but I don't know enough to make a crossover.

No, no, no, no... No crossover. Higher frequencies are directional and lower frequencies are omnidirectional. So I'll have one higher up pointing at my face or the back of my head (whichever sounds better) and one lower, not near my ear. I may even put a thin piece of velour or felt (1mm) over the lower driver as all I want from it is the bass.

Quote:
6 drivers? 4 drivers?!!!

damn

and yes Ish, im planning to look for regular drivers for those koss shells and transplant the orthos into the Kanen 880 woddies ... also i might be using a grado headband. something good might come out. the kanen cups are wood and very little space behind the drivers.

You're not listening! You need pads with a small holes in the middle or NO BASS!

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #554 of 1,250
h

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #555 of 1,250

Quote:
her2ewr uoer werdsp3 h4hew uai? 23u832dswe0- wuhju 832jew 7heu aue83ws ufkUA dauhHh e-ew329(p 3ur8! wiuuehrjfnk "fjdsfie jfiuwr opoo" urhhwriun csajiuewr 23inj jkah bjiu ijaiqvn >_sae u1ojk8 p[nvku4 nu2 urjkd u3i93gfhc... 93mlkj3.

ju stthoug ht Iwou ldad dto th einco herence ofth isthr ead. justbringitbackontopiclol.

Incoherent Rambling not spam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back