The Incoherent Rambling Room
Jan 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #556 of 1,250
BTW, James, if you are going to use drivers in spaces that are too big that's fine but there are several things, one of which you need to do.

Probably the simplest is to get some Blu/Yellow-Tack at your local hobby store (Hobby Lobby?) and stuff it around the driver.

You could also get some speaker gasketing caulk from PartsExpress (though this stuff is very sticky and messy)

Or, like the man said, you can use hot glue. But, and this is VERY important, use LOW TEMP CRAFT hot glue. The really hot stuff (you know - the stuff I burned my hand with) will melt plastic and can tear it apart when you try and remove it.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #557 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
AKG K280esque or completely different? I'd do something like that too, but I don't know enough to make a crossover.

No, no, no, no... No crossover. Higher frequencies are directional and lower frequencies are omnidirectional. So I'll have one higher up pointing at my face or the back of my head (whichever sounds better) and one lower, not near my ear. I may even put a thin piece of velour or felt (1mm) over the lower driver as all I want from it is the bass.

Quote:
6 drivers? 4 drivers?!!!

damn

and yes Ish, im planning to look for regular drivers for those koss shells and transplant the orthos into the Kanen 880 woddies ... also i might be using a grado headband. something good might come out. the kanen cups are wood and very little space behind the drivers.

You're not listening! You need pads with a small holes in the middle or NO BASS!

i have used pads with no holes, pads with holes, thick foam in between ..

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #558 of 1,250

Quote:
BTW, James, if you are going to use drivers in spaces that are too big that's fine but there are several things, one of which you need to do.

Probably the simplest is to get some Blu/Yellow-Tack at your local hobby store (Hobby Lobby?) and stuff it around the driver.

You could also get some speaker gasketing caulk from PartsExpress (though this stuff is very sticky and messy)

Or, like the man said, you can use hot glue. But, and this is VERY important, use LOW TEMP CRAFT hot glue. The really hot stuff (you know - the stuff I burned my hand with) will melt plastic and can tear it apart when you try and remove it.

can i use silicone paste?
seems like a hard jelly when hardens , and i have plenti of it :p (not me but ... long story.)

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #559 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
her2ewr uoer werdsp3 h4hew uai? 23u832dswe0- wuhju 832jew 7heu aue83ws ufkUA dauhHh e-ew329(p 3ur8! wiuuehrjfnk "fjdsfie jfiuwr opoo" urhhwriun csajiuewr 23inj jkah bjiu ijaiqvn >_sae u1ojk8 p[nvku4 nu2 urjkd u3i93gfhc... 93mlkj3.

ju stthoug ht Iwou ldad dto th einco herence ofth isthr ead. justbringitbackontopiclol.

Incoherent Rambling not spam.

Yeah, what the f*ck.

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #560 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

can i use silicone paste?
seems like a hard jelly when hardens , and i have plenti of it :p (not me but ... long story.)

You can but it takes too long to dry and is hard to get off. Use one of the things I posted, trust me.

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #561 of 1,250
some would say that they are the same, how are you going to do the 2driver-per-cup thing? just curious

Jan 25, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #562 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
AKG K280esque or completely different? I'd do something like that too, but I don't know enough to make a crossover.

No, no, no, no... No crossover. Higher frequencies are directional and lower frequencies are omnidirectional. So I'll have one higher up pointing at my face or the back of my head (whichever sounds better) and one lower, not near my ear. I may even put a thin piece of velour or felt (1mm) over the lower driver as all I want from it is the bass.

Oh yeah...I'm a band geek; I should know that...

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #564 of 1,250
How are people supposedly intelligent enough to get paid tons of money to be rich, but yet they are so stupid to believe in $1000 cables, optical media changing the way they sound through "burn in", devices or certain liquids to make optical media sound different, or putting them in freezers.  They are retards.  

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #565 of 1,250
Dident try different cables but i belive it actually can be differences, copper silver gold have different electric properties and electricety is needed in most audio equipment.

Quote:
How are people supposedly intelligent enough to get paid tons of money to be rich, but yet they are so stupid to believe in $1000 cables, optical media changing the way they sound through "burn in", devices or certain liquids to make optical media sound different, or putting them in freezers.  They are retards.  

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #566 of 1,250
No one has ever proven expensive cables to be any better, and there have been people willing to put forth considerable money to people who can prove their worth over regular cables that come with a regular DVD player.  I can see silver making a difference if you need really long cables.  Gold is only used for its resistance to tarnish.  It conducts worse than copper, which is why things are just plated with gold, that and it's $1,400/oz.  They all don't have different electric properties, just different resistance.  Stuff like semiconductors and superconductors have different electrical properties than metal, literally.  I doubt a superconducting cable would be any good for transmitting a signal, too.

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #567 of 1,250

Quote:
No one has ever proven expensive cables to be any better, and there have been people willing to put forth considerable money to people who can prove their worth over regular cables that come with a regular DVD player.  I can see silver making a difference if you need really long cables.  Gold is only used for its resistance to tarnish.  It conducts worse than copper, which is why things are just plated with gold, that and it's $1,400/oz.  They all don't have different electric properties, just different resistance.  Stuff like semiconductors and superconductors have different electrical properties than metal, literally.  I doubt a superconducting cable would be any good for transmitting a signal, too.

my thoughts exactly!
but this is a tabu-like subject around some parts of the forums

Jan 25, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #568 of 1,250
Yes but they dont need to be that expencive if you make them yourself. maybe we will see super and semiconductors used in headphonecabels in the future, just saying. you know, the world is not stuck in time, its still moving forward. no hard feelings
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #569 of 1,250
the random characters were meant to be a joke (it was incoherent and it was a bit rambling) but since it was not seen as such it has been deleted, I apologize if you felt offended by this, it was not meant to offend. carry on. cheerio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back