The Incoherent Rambling Room
Jan 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #586 of 1,250
Such an electrifying discussion of semiconductors! Anyhow, I'm drunk and on the internet. It's Thursday afternoon. And I might as well look like an ass here. I'm wearing UE TripleFi 10 which I paid a regular fortune for, so thanks Amazon.com for dropping the price so all the Plebs can get a nice swig.

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #587 of 1,250
Man, I have a lot to say today but I'll start with this...

You guys ever notice what a strange brand iLUV is? I mean, it's obviously jWIN's fashion brand but it also has some of the companies highest end looking phones.

Take these for example...

You ever see a jWIN that looks like that? And I have reason to believe that these are coaxial two-way phones.

Or these...

Which seem to get rave reviews everywhere and are also apparently sold out everywhere as well.

I dunno, just thought it was strange, that's all.

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #589 of 1,250

Quote:
Anyone here have speakers and want a challenge? Try this DIY recipee.

I did and by the time I was finished braiding all that damn cable I never wanted to see them again. This was years ago and I've still yet to terminate them. lol

It looks like that guy just threw as much wire as he ficking could at a pair of connectors.

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #590 of 1,250
So, Semiconductors for digital transmission and superconductors for powertransmission and they arent any good for anything. problem solved. what a waste . now thats a beautiful cable olimoronio. congrats... 

Quote:
Semiconductors conduct less than most metals.  They aren't made for power transmission, they're made for logic (0s and 1s).  Superconductors are doubtful to work because they literally have zero resistance, which means if you apply a charge to the superconductor and there is nothing to drain that charge, it will stay charged until something drains it, even just a wire stays charged.  Superconductors are for power transmission.  If low resistance was key in signal sending then the wires would be as thick as possible everywhere, and they aren't.  Going from copper to silver isn't going to do anything but get more power to the destination, it's not going to cure problems like noise.  The cheap RCA cables, and such like that, are proven time and again to be no worse in quality than the expensive cables.  Even for video they are fine, and video is something to easily spot degradation.

Quote:
OH MY GOD.  Superconductors would be useless for sound transmission, digital, or analog.  If the headphone end was digital and the signal was digital, resistance would make zero difference anyway.  For analog you would need the headphone to be enough of a load to be able to drop from maximum voltage down to zero voltage in short enough time to make your highest frequency.  Zero resistance is practical for power transmission, NOT signal transmission.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #592 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Superlux HD651
248145.jpg

mmmm... around 30$

Now these I might look into. I'll read some reviews and see... if there are any.

Headphonia.

Quote:

You ever see a jWIN that looks like that? And I have reason to believe that these are coaxial two-way phones.

now that looks pretty darn cool (unlike those ugly aviators)

Quote:
Quote:
Anyone here have speakers and want a challenge? Try this DIY recipee.

I did and by the time I was finished braiding all that damn cable I never wanted to see them again. This was years ago and I've still yet to terminate them. lol

It looks like that guy just threw as much wire as he ficking could at a pair of connectors.

Looks like Bender's puke 
L3000.gif

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #596 of 1,250
I have a couple friends who got them from Target. They're nothing special even when modded (which one let me do. Just got rid of any unnecessary resonance and stuffed them with cotton to increase soundstage) imo. It's just too colored sounding in an unnatural way. I don't think they're worth much more than about $30. And I'm seriously considering the Aviators...

Jan 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #597 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
So no one owns the Panasonic RT-HTX7's? Come on, weren't these FOTM? I know someone up in here owns them.

you?

Yeah, I have a pair but I want someone elses opinion on something.

Quote:
I have a couple friends who got them from Target. They're nothing special even when modded (which one let me do. Just got rid of any unnecessary resonance and stuffed them with cotton to increase soundstage) imo. It's just too colored sounding in an unnatural way. I don't think they're worth much more than about $30. And I'm seriously considering the Aviators...

I couldn't agree more... nothing special. Want to try a cheap experiment?

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #598 of 1,250
Anyone know some good sites to order the HJE900 off of? Amazon has them in stock again, but I was hoping to pay less than the MSRP and the sites on Google Shopping don't look very legit...

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #600 of 1,250

Quote:

Quote:
Anyone know some good sites to order the HJE900 off of? Amazon has them in stock again, but I was hoping to pay less than the MSRP and the sites on Google Shopping don't look very legit...

Try here.  +

Haha Nevermind. I just noticed that you said you didn't like Google.

Yep, those sites don't exactly inspire confidence. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay $250

Users who are viewing this thread

Back