The Incoherent Rambling Room
Jan 28, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #601 of 1,250
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone here have speakers and want a challenge? Try this DIY recipee.

I did and by the time I was finished braiding all that damn cable I never wanted to see them again. This was years ago and I've still yet to terminate them. lol

It looks like that guy just threw as much wire as he ficking could at a pair of connectors.

Looks like Bender's puke 
L3000.gif

Somewhere, there's an apartment building that suddenly lost all of their landline phone service. 
confused_face.gif

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #602 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Anyone know some good sites to order the HJE900 off of? Amazon has them in stock again, but I was hoping to pay less than the MSRP and the sites on Google Shopping don't look very legit...

Try here.  +

Haha Nevermind. I just noticed that you said you didn't like Google.

Yep, those sites don't exactly inspire confidence. Guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and pay $250

I wouldn't. Go through the site with the highest rating and pay through PayPal. If they don't send you the phones or the right phones PayPal will yank that money right from their account and refund you.

Jan 28, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #603 of 1,250
Or maybe I should go with the SA6/SA7? Argh, whoever said that analysis leads to paralysis was spot-on

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone here have speakers and want a challenge? Try this DIY recipee.

I did and by the time I was finished braiding all that damn cable I never wanted to see them again. This was years ago and I've still yet to terminate them. lol

*snip*

It looks like that guy just threw as much wire as he ficking could at a pair of connectors.

Looks like Bender's puke 
L3000.gif

Somewhere, there's an apartment building that suddenly lost all of their landline phone service. 
confused_face.gif

Hah.

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #604 of 1,250

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
So no one owns the Panasonic RT-HTX7's? Come on, weren't these FOTM? I know someone up in here owns them.

you?

Yeah, I have a pair but I want someone elses opinion on something.

Quote:
I have a couple friends who got them from Target. They're nothing special even when modded (which one let me do. Just got rid of any unnecessary resonance and stuffed them with cotton to increase soundstage) imo. It's just too colored sounding in an unnatural way. I don't think they're worth much more than about $30. And I'm seriously considering the Aviators...

I couldn't agree more... nothing special. Want to try a cheap experiment?

Maybe. What is it?

Jan 28, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #606 of 1,250

Quote:
Too many frigging  images of the new SC everywhere, is like we're spamming our own forums, guys What! are you all really that brainwashed by media?!! 
angry_face.gif

ok, i just wanted to rant about it.

Or they may actually be decent?

Jan 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #607 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
So no one owns the Panasonic RT-HTX7's? Come on, weren't these FOTM? I know someone up in here owns them.

you?

Yeah, I have a pair but I want someone elses opinion on something.

Quote:
I have a couple friends who got them from Target. They're nothing special even when modded (which one let me do. Just got rid of any unnecessary resonance and stuffed them with cotton to increase soundstage) imo. It's just too colored sounding in an unnatural way. I don't think they're worth much more than about $30. And I'm seriously considering the Aviators...

I couldn't agree more... nothing special. Want to try a cheap experiment?

Maybe. What is it?

See if your friends will let you borrow their  RT-HTX7's. Then go to your nearest Kmart and go to the electronics section and look for some headphones called Spraylouds Swagger which are clones of the Panasonic's. They are usually $25 on sale for like $12 right now.

Compare and report back what you think. Tell me they aren't better than the  HTX7's (or, at the VERY least, as good) I dare you. I think they'll put a smile on your face.

Jan 29, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #612 of 1,250

Quote:
I think I'll buy the Nutcrushers instead 
biggrin.gif

+1
I know I NEED my nuts crushed every time I listen to music from skullcandies. 

Jan 29, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #614 of 1,250
Hmmm... Get it and your wallet will smile because the um3x will probably cure the urge for upgrades for some time.
biggrin.gif
At least before you lay your eyes on the jh13/16
evil_smiley.gif

It actually makes me feel like selling my other wired iem`s/can`s, not kidding
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Hmm, did some more thinking about IEMs, now I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for the UM3X.

My wallet is already crying

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #615 of 1,250

Quote:
Hmmm... Get it and your wallet will smile because the um3x will probably cure the urge for upgrades for some time.
biggrin.gif
At least before you lay your eyes on the jh13/16
evil_smiley.gif

It actually makes me feel like selling my other wired iem`s/can`s, not kidding
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Hmm, did some more thinking about IEMs, now I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for the UM3X.

My wallet is already crying

Hehehehehe, I'm still a teenager and in puberty so customs probably wouldn't be a very good idea for a few years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back