The Incoherent Rambling Room
Jan 22, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #512 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Hehe, the place I demoed them at is called London Drugs. They actually have a pretty big computers and electronics section.
Also, I just checked, and it was actually 440s they had on display, not 840s. Probably why I didn't like them very much. They're pretty good for $70 but I'll take my M50 over them any day 
basshead.gif

just about some days ago i was reading about them, but you saying so makes me lose the interest.
did they had any 750dj?

Nope

You may still like the SRH440/840 if you're not a basshead like me, but they didn't really deliver the force that I like from my M50s

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #513 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hehe, the place I demoed them at is called London Drugs. They actually have a pretty big computers and electronics section.
Also, I just checked, and it was actually 440s they had on display, not 840s. Probably why I didn't like them very much. They're pretty good for $70 but I'll take my M50 over them any day 
basshead.gif

just about some days ago i was reading about them, but you saying so makes me lose the interest.
did they had any 750dj?

Nope

You may still like the SRH440/840 if you're not a basshead like me, but they didn't really deliver the force that I like from my M50s

Right. They have no "force" but they sure have the "boom & slop."

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #514 of 1,250

Quote:
Speaking of Prodipe's - you get yours yet, James???

nope.

my plans changed slightly when i found a hp i wanted in the fs thread at a very nice price. and an amp. 
L3000.gif

Oli, any med or hi -fi can you have tried that you could say it worth the price?

you are always trying budgets phones, does the hi-fi ones are really that disappointing to you?

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #517 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:

nope.

my plans changed slightly when i found a hp i wanted in the fs thread at a very nice price. and an amp. 
L3000.gif

Oli, any med or hi -fi can you have tried that you could say it worth the price?

you are always trying budgets phones, does the hi-fi ones are really that disappointing to you?

[size=x-small]I like my Sennheiser's but I've yet to hear a full-sized Sennheiser that I liked.[/size] I REALLY liked the Grado SR[size=10pt]225i & SR325i...  Probably get the 325i or the corasponding Alessandro that ljokerl reccomended at some point. I did not like my Beyer's, I did not like my Shure's, I do not like the Denon's and the B&W's are a freaking joke. Seriously, when you hear something that sounds as good as the Prodipe's for $40 it's hard to pony up $300 for a slightly incremental improvement.[/size]

I think I may buy another pair and put them on tour just so someone... ANYONE believes me about them.

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #518 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nope.

L3000.gif

[size=x-small]I like my Sennheiser's but I've yet to hear a full-sized Sennheiser that I liked.[/size] I REALLY liked the Grado SR[size=10pt]225i & SR325i...  Probably get the 325i or the corasponding Alessandro that ljokerl reccomended at some point. I did not like my Beyer's, I did not like my Shure's, I do not like the Denon's and the B&W's are a freaking joke. Seriously, when you hear something that sounds as good as the Prodipe's for $40 it's hard to pony up $300 for a slightly incremental improvement.[/size]

I think I may buy another pair and put them on tour just so someone... ANYONE believes me about them.

Sign me up for that tour!
biggrin.gif
I still haven't found a justifiable reason to actually buy a pair, but I really want to hear them, and compare them to stuff.

Oh, and MS2i?

Jan 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #520 of 1,250

Quote:
They are not, sorry.

Prodipe and Superlux are.

Superlux >>> Prodipe

just saying.

lol More like...

Prodipe >>>> Maxell DHP ii >>>> Superfux

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nope.

L3000.gif

Sign me up for that tour!
biggrin.gif
I still haven't found a justifiable reason to actually buy a pair, but I really want to hear them, and compare them to stuff.

Oh, and MS2i?

If and when I do it you're first on the list.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #522 of 1,250
Schweet and...what are the headphones in your avatar? And how did those other headphones turn out? Uhh...the ones that were like $20 and looked really simplistic but had fancy names for their drivers.

Jan 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #524 of 1,250

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nope.

L3000.gif

which senn?

and they have to be at least one med or hi -end you liked enough to be OK with the price, there have to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back