The Audio Lounge
Jan 22, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #13,038 of 36,075
Just received my HiSenior B5+ today. Are the cables usually /this/ loose? My right piece loses sound sometimes when I move around (as simple as swaying my head around, or head banging).
Also, do these require some burn-in time? I'm not sure if I'm just not used to the sound, or if these really have less 'punch' compared to the KZ ZST I have. Output's from a FiiO M3.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #13,039 of 36,075
Very nice Indeed! One day when things are a bit more settled for me I will have a go, I came across this which i really liked
This is the actual bottlehead crackatwoa

And this guy polished the metal , chenged the wooden case and changed the nobs

Anyway who ever it was did a fantastic job it looks really classy I think.
Anyway dude great job on yours! And you have definitely given me the urge to make one.
These are beautiful.....

I was looking at the crack and crack-a-two-a. But I run low impedence headphones so that was a non-starter. Bottlehead has the S.E.X that would run my headphones, but I liked the tube config of the Elekit....

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #13,040 of 36,075
These are beautiful.....

I was looking at the crack and crack-a-two-a. But I run low impedence headphones so that was a non-starter. Bottlehead has the S.E.X that would run my headphones, but I liked the tube config of the Elekit....
Exactly why I didn't buy build the crack when I looked at it .

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #13,041 of 36,075
I have the HiSenior B5+ and love them, very tip dependent but I have settled on shallow wide bore silicone tips. They have a more neutral sound than the ZST. The only thing I asked when buying was to have them clear with no logo

B5+ is warm and mid forward, the upper bass is a little bit too much, i EQ it down and i add 5db below 50hz and with that they are great, if you like music with vocals you will love them

Just got my B5+ today. You're right with regards to the sound (though I was surprised with the lack of bass punch [I think?] compared to the ZST, and actually I like that it's not as sibilant as the ZST). Curious if the cables you got are kinda bad as well? Mine has a problem I guess with the right connector of the cable, it sometimes gets choppy signals when I move around (like headbang or look side to side). Does it happen to you as well? (question applicable to anyone with the B5+, or any HiSenior IEMs for that matter)

Jan 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #13,042 of 36,075
I like the Hisenior B5+ and I changed the cable right away. I also found that I needed large shallow wide bore silicone tips to get the best sound

Jan 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #13,043 of 36,075
Just got my B5+ today. You're right with regards to the sound (though I was surprised with the lack of bass punch [I think?] compared to the ZST, and actually I like that it's not as sibilant as the ZST). Curious if the cables you got are kinda bad as well? Mine has a problem I guess with the right connector of the cable, it sometimes gets choppy signals when I move around (like headbang or look side to side). Does it happen to you as well? (question applicable to anyone with the B5+, or any HiSenior IEMs for that matter)
i dont use the stock cable, its stiff, i use cheap 2.5mm balanced cable and is all good

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #13,046 of 36,075
WOW: Letter

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #13,048 of 36,075
This track is from a local, Houston area group, called Istanpitta ( https://www.istanpitta.com/ )
The guy who wrote the music, Al Cofrin, also works here at NASA - JSC, as a flight controller.
Al plays a lot of different instruments (Lute & other strings, Bagpipes & other winds, Bodhran & other percussion).
"Atesh Tanz", by Istanpitta, from their album Exiled (2007)

Jan 23, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #13,049 of 36,075

Users who are viewing this thread

Back