The Audio Lounge
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,097 of 36,089
Hmm, Interesting ! Some DAP's actually quote higher power output via "balanced" output... So that would match your hearing. Some DAP's quote lower Output Impedance for their "balanced" output, and that could lead to different (usually better) sound signature on Low Impedance IEM's.

From Opus#1 Specs :
Output Impedance
Balanced out 2.5mm(1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm(2ohm)
Ouput Level
Unbalanced 2.1Vrms / Balanced 2.3Vrms(Condition No Load)

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,098 of 36,089
From Opus#1 Specs :
Output Impedance
Balanced out 2.5mm(1ohm) / PHONES 3.5mm(2ohm)
Ouput Level
Unbalanced 2.1Vrms / Balanced 2.3Vrms(Condition No Load)
I read up 1ohm is pretty ideal for some IEMs.
Like that's sweet spot.

Here is some more.
Screenshot_176.png

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #1,099 of 36,089
I read up 1ohm is pretty ideal for some IEMs.
Like that's sweet spot.

[

"In Theory":
- A 1 ohm output impedance would not color the sound of an IEM with impedance higher than about 8.
- A 8 Ohm Output Impedance, would most likely change the BASS response of an 8 Ohm IEM.

Most IEM's are above 16 Ohm Impedance. A few I have seen are 10 ohm... (Ex: DUNU DN-2002)

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,102 of 36,089
PINNACLE P2 HIGH FIDELITY AUDIOPHILE IN-EAR HEADPHONES WITH DETACHABLE CABLES
$99.99

Coming Soon. Summer 2017.

"The Pinnacle P2 makes high fidelity more accessible than ever with a phone-friendly low-impedance acoustic design and warm, dynamic sound that retains the hallmark Pinnacle clarity and resolution."

From MEE audios website.

Interested indeed!

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #1,103 of 36,089
$99.99

"The Pinnacle P2 makes high fidelity more accessible than ever with a phone-friendly low-impedance acoustic design and warm, dynamic sound that retains the hallmark Pinnacle clarity and resolution."

From MEE audios website.

Interested indeed!
So the P2, presumably an upgrade from the P1, would cost half as much?

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #1,104 of 36,089
$99.99

From MEE audios website.

Interested indeed!

So the P2, presumably an upgrade from the P1, would cost half as much?

Looks like it ..but i don't know if the drivers, or sound sig has been tweaked, although I presume something has changed because of lower impedance , you couldn't run the p1s well from a phone.

Edit...meant lower impedance...phones!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #1,105 of 36,089
hey has someone ever heard what a capacitor sounds like.

LOL I'm reading a review and someone is saying because of the bigger capacitors, it sounds way better!

So I'm wondering what a capacitor sounds like :p'
Some capacitors in the amp output act like like a high-pass-filter. Meaning they let only frequencies above say 50 hz. Larger ones could drop that to 20 hz, which for good speakers, iem's , etc is desirable ! But, unless you know what you're doing don't touch ! So larger capacitors could give better low bass in poorly designed amps. Larger Capacitors are more expensive and take up more space, so often are not used... Higher quality capacitors are more expensive and therefore also not used in some cheap amps...

Please note that there are also other capacitors in the Power supply, etc that have different functions. And they can also affect an amp's performance in many ways... Too many for a simple layman like me to explain easily....

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,106 of 36,089
Bad Bobby, bad! You said the bad words Bob, "pre-order" and "next week". Instant flash backs. I'll have to think on whether or not I can deal with that.

Hey folks,

I can't talk shop as I'm not a paying sponsor, so don't ask please.

Can't discuss my previous position or anything to do with those that can't be named as I am under a nda.

All I will say is that I've had to sell quite a few things to do what I'm doing now. What I will be doing I had been working on for 6 months. I had planned to leave much earlier but needed the income. All became too much and so walked in the end.

Also production is paid for by me and don't want to be involved in the pre paid pre order game or stupid lead times, that I've had enough of for a life time.

Anyway, that's all I can say and will be here to join in the banter.

Cheers
Bob

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,107 of 36,089
Hey folks,

Can't discuss my previous position or anything to do with those that can't be named as I am under a nda.

All I will say is that I've had to sell quite a few things to do what I'm doing now. What I will be doing I had been working on for 6 months. I had planned to leave much earlier but needed the income. All became too much and so walked in the end.

Also production is paid for by me and don't want to be involved in the pre paid pre order game or stupid lead times, that I've had enough of for a life time.

Cheers
Bob

Good to see you! and that is a sort of explanation on trinity and understand looking forward to seeing the website and products.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,108 of 36,089
Hey folks,

Cheers
Bob

Just glad to see you back around Bob. Also glad to hear you're continuing in the audio game. I am absolutely loving my Icarus III, so I'm definitely looking forward to what you turn out next. Cheers.

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #1,110 of 36,089
Hey folks,

Cheers
Bob
Welcome bob we miss you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back